+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, lots of delusional people here.
Instead of this comment, could you give some advice to the OP?
I speak only from my experience. I cannot comment to others.

AS
OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO no. They eat the same type of food and the tank is not going to support both there appetites. Unless you can provide enough to eat they will battle. Koles hate lawnmower blennies for the same reason.

Now my first Kole was king of the tank, and was fine with a yellow tang being introduced years later. The yellow was from a rescue tank and they never had an issue.
My current yellows are a bit different and were fine with Kole for 1.5yrs. Although, they are pretty skittish fish and bow down to my Spotbreast angels.
I would go with a yellow and Kole over Kole and Tomini.
the problem is that I already have the tomini in my qt tank now so the tomini has to be in the equation.

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the yellow with it then, not a Kole. Sorry, I was thinking you had the Kole in qt.
No problem appreciate all the advice. I'm not sure if you saw my other post, but I was saying that I'm not sure how I'm going to add them in together because I need to qt the yellow tang before I add it in the display tank, so either way I'm not sure how I am going to add them at the same time.

JPM San Diego

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe predicting tang (or any fish) behavior is sketchy at best. Fish are individuals. Personalities vary.
My tang history, which should be taken with a grain of salt: Started with a 40 gallon tank choked with GHA. I bought a Tomini tang. Shortly after that I bought a Kole tang (and a foxface). Kole tang was dominant and chased the Tomini tang for months. At first it was a fast chase, then slower and slower, until the Kole decided the Tomini knew who was boss. No significant fin damage, just chasing. (The foxface ignored them both). About 2 years later I upgraded to a 200 gallon tank. I bought 5 captive bred yellow tangs. I had hoped the large number of yellow tangs would disperse aggression and that the two larger tangs would suppress the yellow tangs' behavior. No such luck. The much larger Tomini and Kole tangs ignored the yellow tangs altogether. And the five yellow tangs promptly set up a pecking order. I numbered them 1 through 5 based on their pecking order. 1 chased them all (and bit fins), but would allow 2 to be in the same territory. 3 moved off to an undisputed area of the tank and began to grow faster. 4 and 5 were relegated to a small area. 5 had his fins ripped on more than one occasion and was moved to the 40 gallon tank. After recovery, 5 was traded for a tiny, tank raised, blue tang. Blue tang was added to the 200 gallon tank and promptly ignored by all of the other tangs. After several month 2 decided 3 would be a better partner. It was amazing to watch; it happened so fast. My wife and I were eating breakfast and watching our fish. 2 swam into 3's territory, which we had never seen. 3 chased 2 around a rock pile about 4 times and then must have decided, "I like you" and the two began swimming around together peacefully. 2 remained permanently in 3's territory and began to grow faster. 2 and 3 are now best buds and are slowing expanding their territory. 1, still feisty as ever, is being pushed into a smaller and smaller area. 1 took over 4's territory so 4 has moved up in the water column. As long as 4 stays in the top half of the water column peace reigns. I am convinced peaceful fish grow faster. 1 spends all of his energy racing around and being aggressive. 4 spends all of his energy running from aggression. 3, and now 2, played the long game, grew faster and now are beginning to dominate using their size and their partnership.

Top Shelf Aquatics

MikeIkerson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of this comment, could you give some advice to the OP?
I speak only from my experience. I cannot comment to others.
The only reply needed was the first reply OP got, ignored it, then waited for someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about to tell him it’s ok. There’s no reason for me to say anything when OP is ignoring anyone with some sense.

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reply needed was the first reply OP got, ignored it, then waited for someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about to tell him it’s ok. There’s no reason for me to say anything when OP is ignoring anyone with some sense.
I just want to hear different opinions on it is that so bad?

Corals.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back