Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are getting a new Tomini Tang and was wondering how well they will Handle CP. Should we slowly ramp up the CP over 4-5 days. Do you have any tips for while they are in a QT tank. we have only treated clowns and are still new to this. Although we were able to rescue a really sick clown that was on death door step from Petco and nurse him back to a healthy fish. We have a ton of meds on hand and just want to make sure we are not missing something or should be doing do for this will be our first tang.

Thank you

Nutramar Foods

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a little write up here about how I did it personally:

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP = Copper Power, right? Chloroquine phosphate was popular a couple years ago.

I have a tomini for a few years, but at that time I was doing Tank Transfer Method with Prazi. I've had tangs go through Copper Power just fine. I've ramped it up, but at the time that was what the internet told me to do. I've also added a tang, foxface, and a large emperor angel at separate times to 2.0 Copper Power without issue.

Ramping up is fine, and conservative. However, if a fish has a visibly active ich (or God forbid velvet), I would recommend going into full strength Copper right away. Don't wait.

I would almost always recommend 2 rounds of Prazi Pro in a QT, about a week apart. With those 2 meds, you are covered for ich, velvet, and most worms including flukes.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Corals.com
Back