Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’ve moved my cycled and clean 180 into my house (was outside on pool deck fallow for 98 days. I intend to consolidate my smaller tanks into the 180..

I have a miniatus Grouper, clown trigger and Dogface in a 40breeder. They have not shown any signs of Ich or velvet since the 40 was setup about 2 yrs. ( The last fish added was the clown trigger. It cleared quarantine two month ago) they all look great. Should I retreat prophetically with copper? Or would you just dip and move?

Thoughts opinions.
Thanks in advance

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they haven't shown anything then probably not. I would consider something like prazi or general cire though since that's usually the other part of the treatment as by default I always assume the fish has some sort of worms or internal parasite. If you have had them for 2 years they never showed any sign then I don't really see the points of treating them with copper beforehand.

OP
OP
S

speedjester

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they haven't shown anything then probably not. I would consider something like prazi or general cire though since that's usually the other part of the treatment as by default I always assume the fish has some sort of worms or internal parasite. If you have had them for 2 years they never showed any sign then I don't really see the points of treating them with copper beforehand.

I agree. But once there in the 180 it will be a bear to catch any of them. Just finished treating my main Dt after a velvet outbreak. And the thought of that again makes me question myself.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
S

speedjester

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these new fish or have you had them for a long time in a system where they showed no signs of disease?
The Grouper and the Puffer about 18 month. The clown trigger added 2 month ago after full quarantine for 38 days. No sign of anything and I’ve stressed them a few times. Ammonia spike and nitrate in the 140. About a month ago. They recovered and no signs of anything.

BRS
OP
OP
S

speedjester

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they haven’t been exposed, I would just hold them in qt for now and only treat if something shows.
I’ve had the tank up for 18 month. The newest fish was added two month ago after 38 days in Qt. I’m debating putting them all through copper to ensure there’s nothing lurking that hasn’t shown yet before transferring them to the 180.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back