Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly wish I had filmed it.. Watching the mushrooms flip inside out and look like a giant closed zoa was kinda cool. They started closing up immediately.. I mean within seconds. They loved it...

If you have one particular coral, or a couple corals you really want to grow quickly... It may be worth giving another shot.

my shrooms do this as well... (inverting while eating reef roids) Always a pleasure watching it happen!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a friend made me a custom CO2 regulator out of stainless steel. Parts alone seemed to be around $300 or so, he wanted to get frags but I didn't wanna charge, but he didn't want anything free so I told him to make me the regulator.

Resized_20180915_133043.jpeg

Everything on this is top of the line and almost all of it is stainless steel. It has a Hoke needle valve that's not shown in this picture as well (also stainless steel). So this thing is a tank. Super reliable, very high quality, and needlessly flashy.

So he only wanted a few corals in return, but I decided that wasn't fair, and I like hooking people up so I gave him more SPS than he was expecting.

DSC_0252.jpg

I gave him a couple stellar wild pieces I had, a couple I paid a grip for, and some really nice stuff I've never given out before. At least $2,000 in frags.

It's always nice to hookup friends.

Corals.com

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a friend made me a custom CO2 regulator out of stainless steel. Parts alone seemed to be around $300 or so, he wanted to get frags but I didn't wanna charge, but he didn't want anything free so I told him to make me the regulator.

Resized_20180915_133043.jpeg

Everything on this is top of the line and almost all of it is stainless steel. It has a Hoke needle valve that's not shown in this picture as well (also stainless steel). So this thing is a tank. Super reliable, very high quality, and needlessly flashy.

So he only wanted a few corals in return, but I decided that wasn't fair, and I like hooking people up so I gave him more SPS than he was expecting.

DSC_0252.jpg

I gave him a couple stellar wild pieces I had, a couple I paid a grip for, and some really nice stuff I've never given out before. At least $2,000 in frags.

It's always nice to hookup friends.
Very nice gesture.
Nowadays reefing has become a business in many cases.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes @Maritimer and @Janci -- Unfortunately it has all become levels of business transactions. I've got a few friends who i've helped with more than you could imagine. when they finally get something i'm interested in they find a reason or excuse to say 'later', or just 'no'.

I abhor greediness, selfishness, and those who aren't generous. I'm generous with everything I have, and so rarely do I get a smidgen of that in return.j

So yeah -- I very much appreciate people who can take the time and effort to help others. Even when it has nothing to do with me, I enjoy just seeing it, because it's become so rare.

Last edited:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed.
If someone here wants frag, I am happy to get some and do not expect anything in return.
Most of them say they do the same... but I still have to find that one person that actually does.
It is supposed to be for fun.

And I am a bad business man, so I do not intend to be one. :cool:

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed.
If someone here wants frag, I am happy to get some and do not expect anything in return.
Most of them say they do the same... but I still have to find that one person that actually does.
It is supposed to be for fun.

And I am a bad business man, so I do not intend to be one. :cool:

People tell me I'm a decent businessman, but I give away too many things to friends to believe them LOL.

There's two kinds of friends in this hobby;
- The first friend will give you deals, and hope for deals in return.
- The second friend expects you to pay full price, because you're a friend and he needs the money/value from the item.

I'm the first, except I don't hope for anything back because I'm becoming pessimistic LOL

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People tell me I'm a decent businessman, but I give away too many things to friends to believe them LOL.

There's two kinds of friends in this hobby;
- The first friend will give you deals, and hope for deals in return.
- The second friend expects you to pay full price, because you're a friend and he needs the money/value from the item.

I'm the first, except I don't hope for anything back because I'm becoming pessimistic LOL
Please don't. I feel the same way. I don't sell anything. Just not my way.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don't. I feel the same way. I don't sell anything. Just not my way.
Oh trust me, I sell lots of things dirt cheap.. but screw that now.

I've got a friend named F I helped with everything. For over a year now. And I mean EVERYTHING. I recently invested about $3500 with another buddy on high end corals and F is mad I won't give them to him for free. This is directly after I got him a deal on a pair of wwc bounce, I asked for one to frag and he said no.. yet he expects me to take these corals I'm growing specifically to pay for college completely free, screwing me and my buddy who invested? And calling me selfish for not giving him $3,000 in free corals that aren't even completely mine?

Not only Is F not getting any help again, but he's not getting coral ever from me or my friends. My friends already couldn't believe he wouldn't return the one favor he could, but then complaining I won't give him freebies on top of that? Nah, he can go to hell lol.

I'm pretty much done doing most anybody favors at this point unless it's mutually beneficial from day one. Like my friend above whose always been very generous and helpful. I know if I help him he will help me -- but F has always struggled to give things in return, while adamantly advocating for sharing.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That being said, we like to see more ;Snaphappy;Snaphappy;Snaphappy of those high end corals :p:p:p

I know, it should be a drama free zone haha

They're all dirty zoa's and mushrooms lol! And the most stunning acan I've ever seen.. it's sky blue with a red and yellow center. It's a small head though.. not quite micromusa small in general but the head I got is lol

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back