Tenecor's $29* ReefPoint® 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit Drops This Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cell

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh then I will have to cancel my order, I just read the description and I would not be able to use this...bummer.
Can probably alter it to make it an AIO if you can find a pump that will fit in the overflow chamber.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh then I will have to cancel my order, I just read the description and I would not be able to use this...bummer.
No worries. The next one will be an AIO. Please email and ask for a refund.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can probably alter it to make it an AIO if you can find a pump that will fit in the overflow chamber.

InTank has little NEWA mini pumps that should fit, they are used a upgrades in the tiny fluval tanks.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I assume a syncra nano would work for sure they are tiny, but I will free my order up for someone that want to use it in the proper configuration and wiat for hopefully a deal on a AIO unit.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
InTank has little NEWA mini pumps that should fit, they are used a upgrades in the tiny fluval tanks.
We went back forth on whether to offer pre-drilled. If it was undrilled, what you are talking about doing is ez.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I assume a syncra nano would work for sure they are tiny, but I will free my order up for someone that want to use it in the proper configuration and wiat for hopefully a deal on a AIO unit.
it's coming.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to use this 3g as my pest pico. :) Talk about luxury living for my majanos! They are in a Petco 5g with a HOB filter atm and that 5g can become the sump instead and we can ditch the HOB.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's coming.
Yeah hopefully I can somehow get in on that one, what I am afraid of is that I will miss the deal, lol. :)

Still this is an awesome deal for those that can do the setup I have some 5g that I could use as a sump but I just do not have the room to set it up etc...

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to use this 3g as my pest pico. :) Talk about luxury living for my majanos! They are in a Petco 5g with a HOB filter atm and that 5g can become the sump instead and we can ditch the HOB.
Unrelated question. I saw HOB and you reminded of this. What does the community think about offering pre-drilled tank setups? we are talking about for example, a 36x18x16 predrilled aquarium for a Synergy shadow, lids, aluminum stand, with our new CorBond™ designer skins for approx. $899? Shadow, pump and sump not included. From 36 inch/40 gallon all the way up to 72 inch/160 gallon for about $2,999. These are smokin low prices. Just wondering about the pre drilled EXT OF. Thoughts?

bishoptf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unrelated question. I saw HOB and you reminded of this. What does the community think about offering pre-drilled tank setups? we are talking about for example, a 36x18x16 predrilled aquarium for a Synergy shadow, lids, aluminum stand, with our new CorBond™ designer skins for approx. $899? Shadow, pump and sump not included. From 36 inch/40 gallon all the way up to 72 inch/160 gallon for about $2,999. These are smokin low prices. Just wondering about the pre drilled EXT OF. Thoughts?
I think any of the above would be interesting plug and play setup should be nice options to have, for me my next build is going to be a 33g long, I really like that foot print, 48" long, 13" wide and 13" high. They also make a 40g long, 48" long, 13" wide, 16" high. I really like the longer dimensions and shallow vs the shorter fatter tanks...I am still on the fence with Acrylic and maintenance but I think having options is always nice to have...:)

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think any of the above would be interesting plug and play setup should be nice options to have, for me my next build is going to be a 33g long, I really like that foot print, 48" long, 13" wide and 13" high. They also make a 40g long, 48" long, 13" wide, 16" high. I really like the longer dimensions and shallow vs the shorter fatter tanks...I am still on the fence with Acrylic and maintenance but I think having options is always nice to have...:)
We are not big on external OF. Always do built ins. Starting to think many hobbyists do like the EXT.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are not big on external OF. Always do built ins. Starting to think many hobbyists do like the EXT.
I think internal vs external is just semantics, they both work and depending on how you have your setup both work and work well. For some I like external since I minimize the space in the tank that it takes up, but both work.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EXT is my preference if available, always.

I think overflows on the inside are sooo 2015.

They do make some ultra thin ones which are acceptable though because the bulk is still on the outside.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EXT is my preference if available, always.

I think overflows on the inside are sooo 2015.

They do make some ultra thin ones which are acceptable though because the bulk is still on the outside.

This is exactly the kind feedback I am looking for. I take it you like this brand? I am not very familiar with this company s products. What other brands?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you could just weld over some acrylic from the store in the drain holes and then it would be an AIO. Might have to drill a return hole in the overflow box if there isn't one on the side we can't see. Both things are fairly simple.

You could also add bulk heads and cap them off to cover the holes.
You can exactly do this. Or wait till next week

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back