Tenecor's $29* ReefPoint® 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit Drops This Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reefers! Need to finalize a few details before this Thursday. Attached is a sketch of the lid design. I need your input on the dims for the light cutout. This is a one piece unbreakable Lexan® lid. also notice the overflow section is completely covered. Is this a good thing? Please advise. I will next post suggested how to instructions for comment.
Such a small tank so i think it is perfectly fine to have it covered completely. I would look at the ai prime mount, kessil a80 or 160 mount, noopsyche mount, and ecotech mounts as these are probably the most popular lights that could be mounted for a small tank like this for the size of the cutouts.

Just wondering, are there any predrilled holes in the tank for the overflow plumbing or return line? If not how would you recommend drilling?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a small tank so i think it is perfectly fine to have it covered completely. I would look at the ai prime mount, kessil a80 or 160 mount, noopsyche mount, and ecotech mounts as these are probably the most popular lights that could be mounted for a small tank like this for the size of the cutouts.

Just wondering, are there any predrilled holes in the tank for the overflow plumbing or return line? If not how would you recommend drilling?
Good morning. The kit will ship predrilled

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want that AIO. It looks like just the thing I’ve been looking for.
The AIO's are deceptively difficult to DIY with solvent. They will be offered later. The hard part with them is getting good seams when you are bonding pieces in three planes, the bottom, back and side walls.

Steph72

Tang Mom
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AIO's are deceptively difficult to DIY with solvent. They will be offered later. The hard part with them is getting good seams when you are bonding pieces in three planes, the bottom, back and side walls.
I bet that is tricky! I’m excited about the price and size of these - I’ve never worked with acrylic before and would rather learn on something that won’t flood my entire home when I mess up lol

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

bishoptf

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ReefPoint® $29 3 gallon DIY Overflow Frag Kit has been cancelled. Please click here for more information.
Man let me just say I was grumbling when I read your reply and then became very happy when I clicked on the link...for anyone out there reading, click on the link!

First off thanks for doing this, I rarely get in on anything like this and this is an awesome thing you are doing, really appreciate it. I too have thought about an acrylic tank but always concerned about scratching it trying to get coralline off etc so this will be a good way to get my feet wet. :)

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man let me just say I was grumbling when I read your reply and then became very happy when I clicked on the link...for anyone out there reading, click on the link!

First off thanks for doing this, I rarely get in on anything like this and this is an awesome thing you are doing, really appreciate it. I too have thought about an acrylic tank but always concerned about scratching it trying to get coralline off etc so this will be a good way to get my feet wet. :)
You are welcome. I think you will REALLY like the next one we are going to do.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The ReefPoint® $29 3 gallon DIY Overflow Frag Kit has been cancelled. Please click here for more information.
Bummer - was just searching for it. having a Huge tenecor- wanted to try at a mini :(. . .
THEN FOUND THE NEW PRICE :p:p:p

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Next week, I will show you how you can have this for only $49.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FM
Back