+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!!!!

Excited to show an update on the tank after 2 years the tank has been running great "knock on wood" Im 25 gal lagoon Aio is still doing great!
The live stock has changed but kind of stayed the same.

In the past I have had multiple mandarin goby's. I successfully got one of them to eat frozen foods but after a year he died. It hurt but was very glad I had the oppurtinity to keep such an amazing fish with vibrant colors and a absolute joy to watch swim around. My first one developed a tumor nothing I could do except feed it and take care of it for its remainder of life.

I had 2 clownfish they were a mated a pair but the male died and the female was alone for a few months, I bought a smaller black ocellaris clown 2 weeks ago so hoping that they pair up but im not holding my breath.

Bought a tailspot blenny that is a great addition doesn't do much but has a cool home inbetween the zoa colonies. He's doing great

Unfortunately I bought a sand sifting goby that died shortly after I got him, I couldn't find his body and well that hit the system pretty hard. Pretty sure my clean up crew ate his body in a night cause I haven't seen him for 2 weeks

I have a red scooter dragonett that is doing fantastic eats pods and frozen so im going to keep him instead of getting another mandarin.

Believe it or not I have a horseshoe crab...........yes a horseshoe crab I know some of you will freak out having him in a tank that small, but the plan with him is when he molts again I will take him back to my lfs so they can get him into a bigger tank. The manger there has customers that need them and they have large tanks so hell go to a good home when he gets to big.

Corals:

Have had 2 duncans my first one died due to a tank crash all the corals died but the fish were fine thank goodness

Hammer coral.......I have had terrible luck with them so far its an expensive coral at my lfs so when my first died it took me some time to want to try again but its going strong now.

GSP holy crap has this little frag exploded its awesome and adds so much to the tank but I have to keep ripping it off the rocks for trimming it. I am trying to get it to grow on the back glass its working but slowly.

Zoas are doing okay I am trying to bring some back after a tank crash so thats being a bit tricky.

But enough talking here are some pictures!

20220710_163746.jpg 20220710_163806.jpg 20220710_163655.jpg 20220710_163802.jpg

BRS
OP
OP
Caleb M

Caleb M

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Are you going for a completely covered GSP rock?
I was for a bit but then I decided to go a different route, I wanted to get a bunch of zoas but palytoxin is well making me nervous about them haha, That's why I haven't gotten any more of them haha.

AquaCave Logo Banner

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was for a bit but then I decided to go a different route, I wanted to get a bunch of zoas but palytoxin is well making me nervous about them haha, That's why I haven't gotten any more of them haha.
I've had zoas for years with no issues (although I'm generally not moving or fragging them). Unless you're screwing around with the grandis palys you're generally safe(r).

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

LA
Back