Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to add a flame angel. You think it will be alright?
Dwarf angels are very bold fish. Very fast moving. My flame is the problem in my tank. I have a maroon pair with a female that is around 4". Would expect a dwarf angel to hold its own assuming your tank size is adequate. Also have a bicolor angel. Also a large royal gramma
Screenshot 2023-02-06 140128.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
P

Pembro

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf angels are very bold fish. Very fast moving. My flame is the problem in my tank. I have a maroon pair with a female that is around 4". Would expect a dwarf angel to hold its own assuming your tank size is adequate. Also have a bicolor angel. Also a large royal gramma View attachment 3009361
Awesome thanks for the reply. I have. 70g AiO

Aquavaj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Flame Angel should be able to hold its own unless it's really small. I just moved my Flame from my Biocube to my Reefer 425 after my Midas Blenny died jumping out. I was a little worried my female Storm clown would harass it since they're about the same length with the Flame just having more girth. She's killed the last few fishes I've added since they were smaller than her. But the Flame was able to hold it's ground and now swimming happily in its new home.

OP
OP
P

Pembro

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Flame Angel should be able to hold its own unless it's really small. I just moved my Flame from my Biocube to my Reefer 425 after my Midas Blenny died jumping out. I was a little worried my female Storm clown would harass it since they're about the same length with the Flame just having more girth. She's killed the last few fishes I've added since they were smaller than her. But the Flame was able to hold it's ground and now swimming happily in its new home.
Thank you for the reply. That’s what I Was hoping to hear.

OP
OP
P

Pembro

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Flame Angel should be able to hold its own unless it's really small. I just moved my Flame from my Biocube to my Reefer 425 after my Midas Blenny died jumping out. I was a little worried my female Storm clown would harass it since they're about the same length with the Flame just having more girth. She's killed the last few fishes I've added since they were smaller than her. But the Flame was able to hold its ground and now swimming happily in its new home.

OP
OP
P

Pembro

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a lemon peel angel and a blue devil damsel today . The clowns harassed the angel to the point they would stalk it and attack from front any behind. Didn’t care about the damsel at all. Both fish are still alive. So I caught the clowns and moved them to my QT. I’m either going to rehome them or some people suggested adding back in at a later date. What is everyone’s thoughts? Lol

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Just like the title says. I have a pair of premium frostbite clowns that are super aggressive. They bully they heck out of any new fish I add. Firefish, small yellow wrasse, right to the point of killing it.

Are there any fish I could add that would be ok? Maybe a dwarf angel or tang? Or am going to have to rehome my clowns? open to suggestions . My current stock list is

2 premium frostbite clowns
Splendid pintail fairy wrasse
Diamond goby.
Ive had evil clowns before haha but I still love them. Mine stayed away from my dwarf angel and my mimic tang. Ive heard of others putting them with damsels, dottybacks or other aggressive/semi aggressive fish like these two. Blenny might work, my lawnmower runs my tank now even with a blue tang and clowns haha

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a lemon peel angel and a blue devil damsel today . The clowns harassed the angel to the point they would stalk it and attack from front any behind. Didn’t care about the damsel at all. Both fish are still alive. So I caught the clowns and moved them to my QT. I’m either going to rehome them or some people suggested adding back in at a later date. What is everyone’s thoughts? Lol
Maybe move all fish to QT and re arrange rocks and stuff, then add all the others back with the clowns last

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
damsels (Chrysiptera) or dottybacks. Orchids ime do well in any tank and are not aggressive but "defensive" If that makes sense. They won't go out of their way to harm a tank mate but they will defend themselves or their cave
Agreed!

Avast

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Just like the title says. I have a pair of premium frostbite clowns that are super aggressive. They bully they heck out of any new fish I add. Firefish, small yellow wrasse, right to the point of killing it.

Are there any fish I could add that would be ok? Maybe a dwarf angel or tang? Or am going to have to rehome my clowns? open to suggestions . My current stock list is

2 premium frostbite clowns
Splendid pintail fairy wrasse
Diamond goby.
Flame Angel should do fine with aggressive clowns, dottybacks and damsels. Tang is too big for your tank, but you might be able to do a kole or tomini, they are smaller

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back