Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotcha, live rock xfers are the majority agreed. that dry rock start from Ike was slick though...his bottle bac bought him the ~12 days needed for liferocks to activate. even if no liferocks, that whole setup would still be running that's pretty amazing testimony for the bottle bac/instant cycle in 24 hours option.

one hidden benefit of Ikes dry rock skip cycle: skipping fallow. he can add QT fish and actually be in line with disease protocols since all the prior was dry.

of course animals and hardscape items will have to come from fallow setups, but that's a neat detail nonetheless. The thread I posted from ShoelaceIke directly equates a live rock transfer with a full dry start skip cycle, they're the same when it comes to ability of activated surface area...they both support a full instant reef on day 1.

Last edited:
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
F

fideladio

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say thank you to each every one of you who took the time and replied to my post, I'm happy to say that both Ammonia and Nitrite came down to zero after the water change.

Im ready for Livestock.

Thanks again and be safe!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back