+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! You must like yourself! :p

One of the hardest coffee related things I noticed in Europe is that office buildings all had single cup coffee makers. I'm used to the 10 cup pots here in the states. Not to wander too far... but having to match the beer glass to the beer, and for that glass to have a fill line was hard to get used to, also. Seem to only have noticed that in Switzerland though.
I think it differs a lot anywhere you go. In Sweden the filter coffee is most common. We got that at work and I'm so tired of it. That's why I nowadays make my own morning coffe and bring to work :) But I do a coffee americano - dubbel espresso and some water.
And a coffee in Southern Europe means an espresso. It's complicated.. :p
But isn't the US coffee usually not so strong?

I love it when a thread wanders away into whole other subjects! But we will get back to building the new Aquarium, I promise! :)

BRS

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it differs a lot anywhere you go. In Sweden the filter coffee is most common. We got that at work and I'm so tired of it. That's why I nowadays make my own morning coffe and bring to work :) But I do a coffee americano - dubbel espresso and some water.
And a coffee in Southern Europe means an espresso. It's complicated.. :p
But isn't the US coffee usually not so strong?

I love it when a thread wanders away into whole other subjects! But we will get back to building the new Aquarium, I promise! :)
Coffee in the US runs into a wide range of strengths, although espresso is relatively uncommon outside of coffee shops. The coffee selections I had in Germany were very similar to what I normally drink in the US.

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who said Coffee machine - I can get Cappuccin0 too :)
Only Finnish people drink more coffee (per capita) than swedes.

And we love strong coffee. Once I work together with a girl from the US and on her first working day she said that she could make the coffee for us. O yeah. First taste - and all of us blow the coffee out - it was not stronger than Englishmens afternoon tea. After that day - she was not allowed to be closer to the coffee machine than 5 meters :) But it could be that she was smart and put up the borders already the first day :) However - she have never answered that question but today she make real Swedish coffee :)

PA040007.JPG

Sincerely Lasse

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who said Coffee machine - I can get Cappuccin0 too :)
Only Finnish people drink more coffee (per capita) than swedes.

And we love strong coffee. Once I work together with a girl from the US and on her first working day she said that she could make the coffee for us. O yeah. First taste - and all of us blow the coffee out - it was not stronger than Englishmens afternoon tea. After that day - she was not allowed to be closer to the coffee machine than 5 meters :) But it could be that she was smart and put up the borders already the first day :) However - she have never answered that question but today she make real Swedish coffee :)

Sincerely Lasse
Easy now Lasse. This might be a sensitive matter ;Wideyed So I'll stay out of this. When I was in the US I stayed on a boat with Swedish coffee onboard, so I really has no say in this :rolleyes:

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coffee bashing? I like strong coffee although I don't really drink it too much myself. When we were in Hawi'i, I was so into the Kona coffee!!! Both hot and cold or brain freezing smoothie ones from their local McDonald's restaurants ... mmmmm :p

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy now Lasse. This might be a sensitive matter ;Wideyed So I'll stay out of this. When I was in the US I stayed on a boat with Swedish coffee onboard, so I really has no say in this :rolleyes:
Don't worry, we understand!
upload_2018-10-4_14-12-13.png

CLICK TO VIEW

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test of strong coffee. Hold a coffee-spoon vertical in your coffee cup. Take away your hand - if the spoon still will be vertical - drink the coffee

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test of strong coffee. Hold a coffee-spoon vertical in your coffee cup. Take away your hand - if the spoon still will be vertical - drink the coffee

Sincerely Lasse
That may be a little extreme, but it may explain why you looked like this a few years ago! :p
View attachment 803984

BRS

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals.com

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry, we understand!
View attachment 854829

Maybe we may have discovered the "secret" to why Sweden have so many talented hockey players ....

BTW my favourite Swede has always been Mats Sundin. Too bad I didn't "bump" into Mats while in Stockholm ... :(

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW my favourite Swede has always been Mats Sundin. Too bad I didn't "bump" into Mats while in Stockholm ... :(

It means that you are to young to remember nr 21 - just look up in the roof :) Beside nr 13

Sincerely Lasse

Top Shelf Aquatics

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It means that you are to young to remember nr 21 - just look up in the roof :) Beside nr 13

Sincerely Lasse

Mats Sundin got drafted in 1989 (that was the same year I emigrated to Toronto) & he played for the defunct Quebec Nordiques hockey team and after it was all history with our Toronto Maple Leafs. Before Mats, it was Börje Salming. Our team has a very good connection with Swedish players ...

najer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a costa machine in the works mini restaurant, they ignore it unless something needs topping up, I always "accidentally" press the espresso button first and let it do it's thing before I press the americano button, bad Simon! :p

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frags in different sizes on a phytoplankton diet. Looks healthy! :)
IMG_6310.JPG

Unfortunately not enough food for the Scleronephthyas, they are fading away. This Dendronephthya sp still looks okey after 2-3 months. We have increased the feeding recently.
IMG_6311.JPG

And here's two more propagation tanks behind the scenes. These will be moved and reused in the temporary Aquarium. But on top of each other.
IMG_6314.JPG

Todays coffee incident was to use a old thermos. I got coffee with a taste of mold when I came to work and had my first cup... So today it'll be the city of Gothenburg's procured filter coffee. Yeey!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread, if you haven't noticed from the occasional like-spamming!

I'm glad you like it! :) This will be a long thread(and build) so I hope we can keep it interesting all the way through!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todays coffee incident was to use a old thermos. I got coffee with a taste of mold when I came to work and had my first cup... So today it'll be the city of Gothenburg's procured filter coffee. Yeey!
Poor mold. All nice and comfortable only to be scalded in coffee and digested. :(

Unfortunately not enough food for the Scleronephthyas, they are fading away. This Dendronephthya sp still looks okey after 2-3 months. We have increased the feeding recently.
I wonder if they could be safely kept in a phytoplankton grow out system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back