Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening all. I fell into the trap of purchasing some pretty little yellow with black stripes damsels that have grown into monsters. I need to remove them and soon. Have tried a fish trap but the they stay far away even after the trap has been in the aquarium for a good while. We all know how difficult it is to net a fish in a reef tank. Has anyone every gotten drastic and emptied most of the water into containers to get the fish out and then put all the water back. Is this a safe plan or will my growing corals suffer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Top Shelf Aquatics

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening all. I fell into the trap of purchasing some pretty little yellow with black stripes damsels that have grown into monsters. I need to remove them and soon. Have tried a fish trap but the they stay far away even after the trap has been in the aquarium for a good while. We all know how difficult it is to net a fish in a reef tank. Has anyone every gotten drastic and emptied most of the water into containers to get the fish out and then put all the water back. Is this a safe plan or will my growing corals suffer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Strainers sometimes work depending on tank size, I’ve chased fish with my hand into a container or strainer and just pulled it out carefully

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AFX
Back