Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been struggling to finish season 2. Almost at the end and I feel kind of bored when I watch it. And to be honest, R2R distracts me from it. But I’ve been trying to finish it so I can start season 3. That slurpee guy though.... ;Hilarious

Not to get off topic here, but has anyone seen Maniac on Netflix? I loved that series. Hoping for a season 2
Yea that show is super good too.

ScottR

Surfing....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: can I ditch season 2 and go straight to 3 and not be lost? From what I can remember in season 2, they have destroyed the mother colony in the cave. And that’s where I left off.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: can I ditch season 2 and go straight to 3 and not be lost? From what I can remember in season 2, they have destroyed the mother colony in the cave. And that’s where I left off.
Just knock it out, the last episode is epic. The last episode is the only one you’d really “need” to see I guess to be ready for season 3. There’s a quick recap at the beginning anyways.

ScottR

Surfing....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just knock it out, the last episode is epic. The last episode is the only one you’d really “need” to see I guess to be ready for season 3. There’s a quick recap at the beginning anyways.
I’ll just download it on my phone at watch it at work. But the last thing I need now is a binging ;Blackeye

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this lady get turned by the flayed rat or lured by Billy to the mindflayer like everyone else? If it was just the rat, how did that happen?
View attachment 1125467

The rat transformed in a meat blob, squeezed out of its cage, and started sliding across the floor.
I assumed it was then going to get the old lady, but good point, it's hard to see how it could have done the face suck just by itself.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is also a 4 minute recap of the season 2 that you can watch if you need to.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else find it odd, that in a course of 8 episodes, it was stated and or implied that Robin is gay, Will is gay, Max and Eleven both gay/bi?

Considering it wasn’t very socially acceptable in the mid-80’s, and it was a small, not very progressive (demegons aside) town
What exactly suggested the bi sexuality of El and Max?

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly suggested the bi sexuality of El and Max?

I would have to rewatch the whole scene to point out specifics..... but felt heavily implied in the bedroom scene....... Max’s “advice” etc

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep..... Eleven and Max........ Eleven doesn’t follow the same puritanical belief system of small-town-America because she is from..... ??????

El was kidnapped essentially from birth. Her aunt claimed that her mother (Terry) had a miscarriage and that El was never born. This suggests that she did not spend significant time outside of Hawkins National Laboratory. She has only spent 3 years living outside of the lab.

Top Shelf Aquatics

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to rewatch the whole scene to point out specifics..... but felt heavily implied in the bedroom scene....... Max’s “advice” etc

I will rewatch the scene.

I also did not see anything really indicating Will's sexuality. There was once scene where Mike says that Will "doesn't like girls" but that could easily be a reflection of Will being a late bloomer, who wants to hold onto his childhood. The big internal struggle Will faces in season 3 is growing up. Will wants to play D&D and keep on being kids. He has faced very traumatic experiences in the upside down.

I don't disagree with the idea that he could be gay, I just don't see Season 3 as being some sort of revelation about his sexuality.

BadFish619

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I also did not see anything really indicating Will's sexuality. There was once scene where Mike says that Will "doesn't like girls" but that could easily be a reflection of Will being a late bloomer, who wants to hold onto his childhood. The big internal struggle Will faces in season 3 is growing up. Will wants to play D&D and keep on being kids. He has faced very traumatic experiences in the upside down.

I don't disagree with the idea that he could be gay, I just don't see Season 3 as being some sort of revelation about his sexuality.
Agreed, I attributed it to him being a late bloomer also. I did not see any evidence of El however. She just seemed taken aback by max's way of life. Looking at her to understand her and understand life in the prospective from a girl her age

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0AD8E94A-3323-4749-AD77-6FF788E3DAAA.jpeg

I will have to watch it again......

AquaCave Logo Banner

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In season 1, when Will goes missing, his mom tells Hop (I think) that he was bullied in school, and that his dad would tell him he was *expletives deleted* (homosexual slurs)

I may be stretching on the El and Max thing though

You are correct. The original script describes Will's struggles.

Here you can find the description of Will’s character on the original script: http://www.zen134237.zen.co.uk/Stranger_Things/Stranger_Things_-_Bible.pdf

Will Byers, twelve, is a sweet, sensitive kid with sexual identity issues. He only recently came to the realization that he does not fit into the 1980s definition of “normal.” His innocent choices, such as colorful clothes, prove a constant source of bullying. Like Mike, Will escapes through fantasy gaming, where he can be himself, uninhibited. He has a close relationship with his mother, Joyce. His brother, Jonathan, helps raise him in lieu of their father, who abandoned them four years ago.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Queen City Corals
Back