Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else watch Stranger Things on Netflix?? I just finished season 3 and have so many questions! Such a great show. Just figured I’d make a place for anyone who watches so we could all talk about it like some of us did with Game of Thrones.
E959408D-A8E2-4E38-8611-37CEEF7F1E8F.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I loved it.

Lots of it fairly ridiculous if you actually stopped to think about it (a US mayor conspiring with Soviets in the middle of the cold war?), but otherwise very exciting, and the fx were extremely creepy and disturbing (I mean that in a good way!)

I sorta wish Netflix would release maybe 2 episodes a week, then I could savor it for longer.
The way it is, it's like starting to eat a bag of potato chips; before you know it, they're gone!

What questions?

Nutramar Foods

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do/would the Russians want to open the portal? Destroying the whole world basically.........

Yeah that sure wasn't made clear. Presumably they don't know what's behind the gate, just that it's 'someplace else'.
Maybe on the chance that they'll gain an overwhelming advantage against their enemy the United States.

Here are a few:

How big is Hawkins? Lots of scenes suggest it's a small town but then you have a huge mall and huge fair in the same place.
If it's a decent size city, why does the Police Dept seem to have just a few cops with a Chief of Police that's nothing like a big city Police Chief?
Did the Russians build those massive underground facilities? If so, how, without anyone noticing? If not, wouldn't the US gov't have sealed them off when they abandoned the place?
Wouldn't people notice that all the mall security guards have Russian accents? Or the big Russian thug that is everywhere but never gets questioned.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I loved it.

Lots of it fairly ridiculous if you actually stopped to think about it (a US mayor conspiring with Soviets in the middle of the cold war?), but otherwise very exciting, and the fx were extremely creepy and disturbing (I mean that in a good way!)

I sorta wish Netflix would release maybe 2 episodes a week, then I could savor it for longer.
The way it is, it's like starting to eat a bag of potato chips; before you know it, they're gone!

What questions?
True. I watched it way to fast. I loved it too.

My main question is where did that dust that reanimated the mindflayer originate, that was on the barn basement floor, the dust that then infected the rats. Was the mindflayer resurrected purely from excess energy from the turbine machine thing or how does that all work out.

It’s all this guy’s fault, I love him though lol
0CC78B91-8865-4A9D-9C77-FF493C7DE2C0.gif

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else find it odd, that in a course of 8 episodes, it was stated and or implied that Robin is gay, Will is gay, Max and Eleven both gay/bi?

Considering it wasn’t very socially acceptable in the mid-80’s, and it was a small, not very progressive (demegons aside) town

Jon Fishman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this lady get turned by the flayed rat or lured by Billy to the mindflayer like everyone else? If it was just the rat, how did that happen?
View attachment 1125467

She was somehow turned by a part of it, after the rat liquifide, and turned into some other creature

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else find it odd, that in a course of 8 episodes, it was stated and or implied that Robin is gay, Will is gay, Max and Eleven both gay/bi?

Considering it wasn’t very socially acceptable in the mid-80’s, and it was a small, not very progressive (demegons aside) town
Elevens bi? I need to rewatch season 3 clearly lol.

Nutramar Foods

Jon Fishman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elevens bi? I need to rewatch season 3 clearly lol.

Yep..... Eleven and Max........ Eleven doesn’t follow the same puritanical belief system of small-town-America because she is from..... ??????

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this lady get turned by the flayed rat or lured by Billy to the mindflayer like everyone else? If it was just the rat, how did that happen?
View attachment 1125467

Possessed rat turned into the blob got out of the cage and started running forward. This is probably how Mrs D turned into one of them (?).

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possessed rat turned into the blob got out of the cage and started running forward. This is probably how Mrs D turned into one of them (?).
Yea I know, but everyone else that got turned was lured by Billy or other flayed into the barn so the mindflayer could suck face with it. She’s the only one that got turned by a rogue blob that I can think of.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on season 1 episode 3. It hasn't come together yet, but I'll catch up.
Keep watching! Great show. I’m excited that you watch, I had no idea. :)

Top Shelf Aquatics

ScottR

Surfing....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been struggling to finish season 2. Almost at the end and I feel kind of bored when I watch it. And to be honest, R2R distracts me from it. But I’ve been trying to finish it so I can start season 3. That slurpee guy though.... ;Hilarious

Not to get off topic here, but has anyone seen Maniac on Netflix? I loved that series. Hoping for a season 2

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back