• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

soprano replacement growout

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

oigimsar

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tabasco, this is what I have from my notes and PM's. I know bct had also talked about including others in the package but I have not added those to this list. Does this look accurate?

Original Pack (still alive):
4 Insanos;
2 pink hippos;
1 Bloodshot;
2 fiery phoenix;
1 god of war;
4 Blondies;
4 darth mauls;
3 tyree Arm;
3 lazer lemons;
4 eclipse;
3 black magic;
5 slimeria;
4 soul snatchers;
4 tequila

From Original Pack (lost):
1 Soprano;
3 time machines;
3 Blue Rhinos;
2 psycho trippin;
2 Mayan Sun
2 Serena Nova;
2 **** beaches;
3 black magic;
3 ring of toxin;
2 princess toadstool

Replacement Pack 1 (are these all lost?):
One soprano morph
3 black magic,
3 psycho trippin,
4 p toadstool,
1 blue rhino and
3 **** beaches
5-6 polyp of eclipse

Replacement Pack 2 (I only saw 4 frags in the pics)
RDPE (replacing Soprano morph)
3 Black magic
4 Psycho Trippin
1 Blue rhino
4 Princess Toadstools
5-6 Eclipse
3 **** beach

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oigimsar you are good! Thanks! Great notetaking. Is this what we received? Just trying to get my head around where we are with things. Thanks!

3 Black magic
4 Psycho Trippin
1 Blue rhino
4 Princess Toadstools
5-6 Eclipse
3 **** beach

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

1Snapple

3g Picotope
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite the list!

Tabasco, this is what I have from my notes and PM's. I know bct had also talked about including others in the package but I have not added those to this list. Does this look accurate?

Original Pack (still alive):
4 Insanos;
2 pink hippos;
1 Bloodshot;
2 fiery phoenix;
1 god of war;
4 Blondies;
4 darth mauls;
3 tyree Arm;
3 lazer lemons;
4 eclipse;
3 black magic;
5 slimeria;
4 soul snatchers;
4 tequila

From Original Pack (lost):
1 Soprano;
3 time machines;
3 Blue Rhinos;
2 psycho trippin;
2 Mayan Sun
2 Serena Nova;
2 **** beaches;
3 black magic;
3 ring of toxin;
2 princess toadstool

Replacement Pack 1 (are these all lost?):
One soprano morph
3 black magic,
3 psycho trippin,
4 p toadstool,
1 blue rhino and
3 **** beaches
5-6 polyp of eclipse

3 Black magic
4 Psycho Trippin
1 Blue rhino
4 Princess Toadstools
5-6 Eclipse
3 **** beach

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rdpe never opened and the plug is empty this morning...the replacements I recieced were

Black magic x 1
Eclipse x 2
Rdpe x1
Blue rhino x 1

I believe the psycho trippin and p toadstools are considered still alive with the first replacement pack and the **** beaches are giving akwarius problems.

Top Shelf Aquatics

oigimsar

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, "bct", for the update.

"joker", are the Psycho trippin and toadstools still OK? I can update the list to reflect this.

"reefpeeper" - I think "bct" has started fragging the originals in prep to ship them but was waiting for school to finish. I think it is still "working" and bct has been gracious to offer replacements from his private collection (unecessary but gracious). I haven't done one of these before but I assumed it would take a while to multiply all of those frags by 5 or 6. I am good with it taking longer, it was just getting confusing to me and I wanted to make sure we all knew and agreed where things were. I think someone else had said they didn't mind waiting either so maybe you (reefpeeper) can get the first cut of frags and be done?

Last edited:

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 oigamsar. I'm not in a hurry and think bct is doing great w the first round of frags and very graciously offered some replacements. I would just like to get where we are w the 2nd round nailed down. But I'm totally cool if reefpeeper gets sent an early pack.

I thought the new shipment was going to be a full replacement pack to make shipping at the end easier/less $. If that is not the case perhaps joker should ship the 2 remaining to bct so that we are not paying 5x the cost to ship them individual? It would be cheaper to split that than pay to individually ship.

What is the status w the rdpe? Since it never opened is it doa?

I don't want the go to turn sour. It's a hobby.

OP
OP
joker295

joker295

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, "bct", for the update.

"joker", are the Psycho trippin and toadstools still OK? I can update the list to reflect this.

"reefpeeper" - I think "bct" has started fragging the originals in prep to ship them but was waiting for school to finish. I think it is still "working" and bct has been gracious to offer replacements from his private collection (unecessary but gracious). I haven't done one of these before but I assumed it would take a while to multiply all of those frags by 5 or 6. I am good with it taking longer, it was just getting confusing to me and I wanted to make sure we all knew and agreed where things were. I think someone else had said they didn't mind waiting either so maybe you (reefpeeper) can get the first cut of frags and be done?

Psycho tripped melted away but the toadstool doing ok... Is the rdpe being replaced? I don't mind waiting either no rush unless bct15 need to clear some room for himself... I know how go can fill a tank quick

Top Shelf Aquatics

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting to hear about the delivery status of the rdpe...I plan to frag the first two rounds of frags tomorrow and the next day (while son is in daycare and I have fresh fragging supplies). After fragging, the arm II mini colony looks bad but the frags look good. I have two boxes and everything to ship out the first batch to the first two recipients but need to cut the frags and monitor them to ensure their health.

S I apologize for the seeming long response, I thought I have been posting but looking back in the thread my posts don't seem to be in here.

Last edited:

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of the rdpe. In hindsight, the polyp was probably too small and should have been quarantined a bit longer. I take full responsibility for the bad judgement call. As a new vendor here on reef2reef, I want everyone to know that I take care of fellow hobbyists. I would also like to "close the book" on this group buy, so here are two options that seem fair to me:

Option #1: A replacement RDPE and **** Beach frag is sent to bct15. Unfortunately, I will be unable to frag my RDPE for another 4-6 weeks. I will also require that it heal for 2 weeks after that. Prior to shipping, I will send a pic to bct15 for approval.

Option #2: Each participant of the replacement group buy will immediately be given a $50 gift card to my store. Cards will have no expiration and can be redeemed at any time, cannot be combined with other offers, and cannot be used for shipping costs.

Let me know which option works best for your group and we'll put this baby to rest.

Travis

Top Shelf Aquatics

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Akwarius; Option #2: Each participant of the replacement group buy will immediately be given a $50 gift card to my store. Cards will have no expiration and can be redeemed at any time said:
I like option 2 personally, it gives everybody flexibility and will allow ^^US to get the show on the road.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be out of the country June 3-17th and will not have access to the internet. If anything happens that needs a group decision please proceed with whatever the majority decides. I will catch up when I return. Thanks!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back