• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

soprano replacement growout

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would post here. I am ok with the RDPE as the replacement for the soprano. Could we please get a re-cap of the others that will be replaced? Is the entire replacement pack being replaced? Did 2 make it? If so which two made it? I am not able to tell anything from the pics.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would post here. I am ok with the RDPE as the replacement for the soprano. Could we please get a re-cap of the others that will be replaced? Is the entire replacement pack being replaced? Did 2 make it? If so which two made it? I am not able to tell anything from the pics.

Thanks!

I'm waiting to here back from akwarius about the specifics...I sent him a pm a few days ago, if I don't here back by Friday I'll send another one

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, quick update as I'm still staying for my qualifiers (wish me luck they start friday).

I had four frags of god of war cut, each 1 to 2 polyps and six frags of arm 2 cut 1 to 3 polyps each (these guys were starting to look bad so dragged them good)

The frags of god of war look good
Two of the frag of the arm 2 came u glued and even thought it is in my drag tank I can not find the missing polyps for the life of me. I cut smaller frags just in case of something like this though and will cut some new ones off of the original. There is about 8 polyps on it still.
I plan to cut up the pink hippos and laser lemons next. When I cut them do you prefer I do one to two polyp frags in case of a frag or two melting or unglueing?

AS

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on my PhD in Mechanical/Computational engineering...and maybe a second bachelors in computer science with an emphasis on parallel algorithms. Yes ^we whey with rdpe..

Sorry it is taking me so long to reply...I have been working on my qualifiers (which will be over this friday) and broke my phone (which is how I access r2r).

I am working out the final shipping details and the polyps should be sent soon...akwarius wants to be paid the shipping fees for the replacements, that is what I am waiting to here about. The replacement drags will be a little smaller but they are free...so yay for that. Sorry I have been so slow to reply, please just be patient with me one more week.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go ahead and send it to me...

[email protected]

I'll send it to akwarius. Yes we had selected the rdpe as the replacement. Sorry about not logging on in a while, my phone is broken which is my primary source of getting on.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll send this afternoon. Do you think we should take communication to email until you can get on the site regularly? Whatever is easiest. I'd still like to get regular updates. How's it going with the main grow out? I don't need/want anything until I return from vaca June 17 anyway so I am not in a hurry, but would like to know.

So, is this the "Real Deal" RDPE? :) What is a Real Deal RDPE anyway? Is that one that is lineaged to CC? I don't really care as long as it is real pretty and stuff :nerd:.. but just curious.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YO! Am I the only one who has paid? Do you think we should send PM or direct email? Would love to get this show on the road.

BCT-Also, I meant to ask since you are the main contact for Akwarius, do you know if the the RDPE has been cut? I hope so and has been healing during our long organizational period. :) It would be my preference that the frag be healed at least 2 weeks before shipping. For the others too, but the RDPE is my main concern.

Thank you so much!

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The replacements arrived today, here they are soaking in 18 oz of aquarium water and the dip the original seller sent with them

18e9dadc-b19b-d80d.jpg

The **** beach wasnt in there and the psycho trippin did not need to be replaced. I have some polyps that are similar to **** beaches and psycho trippin. The rdpe is quite small but looks like it has been on the plug for a while. They are all in the frag tank and nothing is open yet.

18e9dadc-b232-559d.jpg

Above is a shot of the rdpe.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for receiving! I hope it opens up soon! Did we only receive 4 replacements? I thought this is what was supposed to be replaced:
Soprano morph
Black magic
Psycho Trippin
Blue rhino
Princess Toadstools
Eclipse
**** beach

Subbing the RDPE for the Soprano Morph.

bct15

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rdpe still hasn't openned and is not exhibiting the typical bright colors on the protective sleeve (the thing the polyp retracts into). I'll keep an eye on it, the eclipse have opened but are very very tiny, the blue rhino looks partially opening, the other polyp isn't open fully yet either. I'll let you guys know how it works out in a couple more days.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back