Small Tank questions

partyhatpuffer93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Long time stalker, first time poster here. I have a Eshopps deskmate AIO 4.8 gallon that I swapped the pump out for a sicce micra or nano, cant remember, and the light for a A80 kessil tuna Blue. I also have a ATO on it. I run a ball of chaeto for nitrate removal and my stock so far is just clean up crew and a few corals(toadstool leather,polyps, trumpet). the tanks be running probably since march?

My big question is stability, i want to try and run sps in this tank, thats my long term goal, is there anything you guys recommend doing or adding besides weekly maintenance, maintaining a schedule to get there? I plan to add pods to the tank this week for biodiversity, and I keep flipping back and forth on whether or not I need more flow in the tank, the problem is finding a wavemaker that small lol. Just wondering what your secrets are for you nano tanks and any advice you can give, its not my first saltwater tank but its definitely a whole new beast!

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Long time stalker, first time poster here. I have a Eshopps deskmate AIO 4.8 gallon that I swapped the pump out for a sicce micra or nano, cant remember, and the light for a A80 kessil tuna Blue. I also have a ATO on it. I run a ball of chaeto for nitrate removal and my stock so far is just clean up crew and a few corals(toadstool leather,polyps, trumpet). the tanks be running probably since march?

My big question is stability, i want to try and run sps in this tank, thats my long term goal, is there anything you guys recommend doing or adding besides weekly maintenance, maintaining a schedule to get there? I plan to add pods to the tank this week for biodiversity, and I keep flipping back and forth on whether or not I need more flow in the tank, the problem is finding a wavemaker that small lol. Just wondering what your secrets are for you nano tanks and any advice you can give, its not my first saltwater tank but its definitely a whole new beast!
Hello! And welcome to R2R!!! I’ve only ever kept nano/micro tanks….I’ve always used “Instant ocean reef crystals” and I’ve never had to does anything. But, I just do weekly water changes. For sps, make sure you have a good light! That was the number one mistake I made in the beginning. As far as flow goes, there are some great videos by worldwidecorals on YouTube I recommend watching, they really helped me in the beginning. Also feel free to pm me about any nano-related questions! :)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back