Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang. Just lost my Midas blenny that I've had for over a year and a half. He ate like a champ for the first year and a half and was nice and fat. Then all of a sudden he started looking skinny and wasn't eating food like he used to. He just slowly wasted away over the last month. Last week was the last time that I saw him and he was pretty much skin and bones.

OP
OP
Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang. Just lost my Midas blenny that I've had for over a year and a half. He ate like a champ for the first year and a half and was nice and fat. Then all of a sudden he started looking skinny and wasn't eating food like he used to. He just slowly wasted away over the last month. Last week was the last time that I saw him and he was pretty much skin and bones.
Sorry to hear. Your fish’s case is a bit different than many I’ve heard, in that yours did well for so long. In many cases, they just start getting skinny from day one. I think there are multiple issues - some people underestimate how much and how often to feed these, but in other cases, there seems to be a parasite issue. And then of course, a number of these fish have no problem at all…yours is sort of different in that you were obviously feeding it properly, and an internal parasite should have shown up sooner….

Jay

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Great information... Is this siutaiton true with only Midas blenny or with starry blenny also?
A few blennys-
Starry Lawnmower
midas

These are just some

SnownSky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple months of seemingly good health, our canary blenny started acting strangely and (edited) was found in the filter sock this AM.

2x daily feeding; AM pellets, PM frozen. He wasn't the most enthusiastic eater but seemed okay until a week ago.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

https://www.triton.de/en/
Back