Should i be worried about this seam?red sea 350

wyatt2847

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this used red sea reefer 350 and it has a slight crack in the top corner. Should i be worried to set it up or should it be fine? There seems to be no issues with the seal around it and was set up for a few years before i got it. The guy who had it didnt get rid of it for that crack but got out of the hobby but not sure how long it was set up with that issue. Thanks for any help
IMG_5314.png

Cranie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this used red sea reefer 350 and it has a slight crack in the top corner. Should i be worried to set it up or should it be fine? There seems to be no issues with the seal around it and was set up for a few years before i got it. The guy who had it didnt get rid of it for that crack but got out of the hobby but not sure how long it was set up with that issue. Thanks for any help
IMG_5314.png
It's starting to show separation. From that time I had about 1 year till failure.

traumamed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah... that tank shouldn't be trusted. With glass, a crack basically means failure is inevitable. The only question is when. Acrylic can often be repaired, and glass can be re-sealed with new silicon seams, but cracked glass = o_O.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back