Set up my first 2.5 gallon pico tank today!

BRS
OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How easy/hard was it to set up your pico tank?
Very easy! Took a day since i used live ocean rock that was in one of my other tanks. The sand was dry but hasn't seemed to be a problem at all...so no cycling, only equipment I'm using was a HOB filter mainly for flow but i decided to use a low GPH pump because flow was too weak for the Scolys with only the HOB filter

Nutramar Foods

Runnin'Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very easy! Took a day since i used live ocean rock that was in one of my other tanks. The sand was dry but hasn't seemed to be a problem at all...so no cycling, only equipment I'm using was a HOB filter mainly for flow but i decided to use a low GPH pump because flow was too weak for the Scolys with only the HOB filter
Would you happen to have a list of supplies you used to make it? I'm thinking about making a pico tank but I'm deciding if I throw something together or get an AIO kit. Right now I have a 32 g cube but I am wanting to try a second tank that's more portable so I can take it with me easily when I move

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you happen to have a list of supplies you used to make it? I'm thinking about making a pico tank but I'm deciding if I throw something together or get an AIO kit. Right now I have a 32 g cube but I am wanting to try a second tank that's more portable so I can take it with me easily when I move
I'd just build one yourself instead of the AIO...it's was incredibly simple...
-Tank
-Live Rock
-Dry Sand
-HOB filter or low power pump for circulation
-Light (depends on which corals you want)
-Maybe an airstone for better oxygenation of the water (i just put one in today although i don't think it's necessary)

And that's it!

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back