*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone tried using something like this as a way to hold frags?
View attachment 2949874
I haven't tried that, but I do use a sea urchin skeleton as a frag holder in the sand. It is low profile, has a hole that is a good size, and I figured if it encrusts it would be easy to break into frags.

As for attaching things to the back glass, ocean wonders creates disks for this https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/6-pack-mag-disks-oceans-wonders.html but I hear the magnet is weak. I bought these in the last month but haven't used them yet.

I did make my own magnet holder though out of macro rock that I sanded flat on one side and glued in several ceramic magnets sealed in aquarium silicon. I used this to hold a shelf for my monti cap that has now taken over a whole corner of the aquarium.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried that, but I do use a sea urchin skeleton as a frag holder in the sand. It is low profile, has a hole that is a good size, and I figured if it encrusts it would be easy to break into frags.

As for attaching things to the back glass, ocean wonders creates disks for this https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/6-pack-mag-disks-oceans-wonders.html but I hear the magnet is weak. I bought these in the last month but haven't used them yet.

I did make my own magnet holder though out of macro rock that I sanded flat on on side and glued in several ceramic magnets sealed in aquarium silicon. I used this to hold a shelf for my monti cap that has now taken over a whole corner of the aquarium.
The magnets hold well? I got some rubber coated from home depot but I fear suing them against anything thick.

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh and I also did this with a bottle cap. I assume a water bottle lid is reef safe plastic, I put a magnet in it since it fit perfectly and sealed the open side with super glue and then attached a frag. The plastic seemed safe enough to move on the glass. On the outside I use another ceramic magnets with some of those cloths you get to clean screens (I get them whenever I buy screen protectors for my phone) attached to make the side on the glass smooth. They are thin and won't scratch the glass.

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20221227_194759_Chrome.jpg

Looks like

20221207_204311.jpg

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The magnets hold well? I got some rubber coated from home depot but I fear suing them against anything thick.
It works for me, it was a little weak, but the coral started encrusting on the glass and it is fine. I don't even need the magnet at all anymore and my three year old knocked it off awhile ago.

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did lots of looking on R2R. People are fairly certain ceramic magnets are reef safe, but they aren't as strong. On one thread they said you have to be careful to get full ceramic magnets and the ones in home Depot had some other elements in them. I sealed mine anyways out of paranoia.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did lots of looking on R2R. People are fairly certain ceramic magnets are reef safe, but they aren't as strong. On one thread they said you have to be careful to get full ceramic magnets and the ones in home Depot had some other elements in them. I sealed mine anyways out of paranoia.
That's what I am worried about. I have some of the rubber coated on a rack I made, but got scared and took them out.

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's what I am worried about. I have some of the rubber coated on a rack I made, but got scared and took them out.
PNW Customs claims their magnets can go inside the tank. I emailed them about it. Just got myself a rack for Christmas so I could place it on the back of my tank and have the "outside" magnet in my AiO box in the water. I tried that with an eshopps frag racks and the sealed magnet started cracking.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

We are about to start some games by codybot!

Tag 50 People into this thread and enter to win a $75 GC

Last entry for this will be 10PM EST..

once you tag 50 Peoeple into this post you will be entered to a wheel spin for the $75 GC. We will spin the wheel after 9pm

thank you all and good luck!

winner GIF

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PNW Customs claims their magnets can go inside the tank. I emailed them about it. Just got myself a rack for Christmas so I could place it on the back of my tank and have the "outside" magnet in my AiO box in the water. I tried that with an eshopps frag racks and the sealed magnet started cracking.

3/4" magnet
20221227_200135.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back