*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, you never knew what you going to get! Spend an hour downloading something to find out opps!!
What really sucked was downloading ps3 video games that took forever to find out they didn’t work.
Many years ago I got a letter from my isp asking if I was having my internet stolen by neighbors because in a month I used over 1tb of data, and that was back before streaming and it was a unimaginable amount of data to use.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In A Hurry Goodbye GIF by Looney Tunes

stoney7713

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What really sucked was downloading ps3 video games that took forever to find out they didn’t work.
Many years ago I got a letter from my isp asking if I was having my internet stolen by neighbors because in a month I used over 1tb of data, and that was back before streaming and it was a unimaginable amount of data to use.
Ben there done that. Yup wifi got hacked again!

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone remember using AOL and you had the secret chat rooms you could list files you had and email them to one another.

You could also download a modified version one called COW I think it was?
I don't remember that, but I was an avid person in the Red Dragon Inn, which was a role playing chat room.

CodyBot

Game Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have probably a few more hundred to a thousand movies on a pc. At one point I filled up 6tb of just movies that were all downloaded…legally of course
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN
My opinion of this is conflicted. Let me start from the premise that I'm one of the strongest worker rights advocates that you'll ever meet. Fair compensation for hard work is unfortunately not the norm these days, and I support the workers rights to be paid well for their creativity and hard work.

At the same time, studios and cable companies charged waaaayyyyy too much simply because they have effective monopolies. Netflix comes along and eliminates the need for a $200 a month cable bill, which was huge. Pirating fell off a cliff when Netflix hit the scene because folks were happy to pay a reasonable price to just stream. Mind you, AT&T for instance, operates on roughly a 93% profit margin. That means that for every $100 you pay them, it only costs them $3 to produce, employ, and maintain the company and network. Then, every individual company starts pooling their IP behind their own paywalls so that you effectively have to pay the $200 a month to a dozen different streaming services just to get what you previously had.

My point is this: I'm not in favor of pirating. I'm also not in favor of price gouging from monopolies. The business model fought change tooth and nail and successfully steered it back to what it used to be, and I don't like that either. Folks are broke and Hollywood isn't exactly starving. Listen to the market, and if these companies want to rig the market then I'm not going to lose sleep when it all burns down.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone remember using AOL and you had the secret chat rooms you could list files you had and email them to one another.

You could also download a modified version one called COW I think it was?
I don’t but I also used Usenet services which sounds kinda similar. It’s like message boards where you could download files but it was a hassle to convert back to a usable form.

It was apparently safer to use because you weren’t providing the file to anyone so I was less likely to get another cease and desist letter.

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t but I also used Usenet services which sounds kinda similar. It’s like message boards where you could download files but it was a hassle to convert back to a usable form.

It was apparently safer to use because you weren’t providing the file to anyone so I was less likely to get another cease and desist letter.
.....another....lol

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back