*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I feel you...I had it rough whenever I grew up...we could only afford 2 maids.
Well, my maid is fairly cheap. I think my wife pays her $0.25 to load, $0.25 to unload. Growing up I'd be doing quarter and half loads all day trying to earn $$$$.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my maid is fairly cheap. I think my wife pays her $0.25 to load, $0.25 to unload. Growing up I'd be doing quarter and half loads all day trying to earn $$$$.
One of my favorite phrases in the lumber yard was "take your time, I'm paid by the hour."

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One of my favorite phrases in the lumber yard was "take your time, I'm paid by the hour."
Sometimes I wish my guys were paid piece work. You know the whole"Fiscal Responsibility " thing and all... I'm about to hold someone fiscally responsible.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I wish my guys were paid piece work. You know the whole"Fiscal Responsibility " thing and all... I'm about to hold someone fiscally responsible.
The downside of that is then they take short cuts and you get a high volume of crap work.

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The downside of that is then they take short cuts and you get a high volume of crap work.
Truth I suppose. Some of my guys take shortcuts getting paid by the hour too though so... It's just society these days I feel like. No one wants to work but wants to get paid.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truth I suppose. Some of my guys take shortcuts getting paid by the hour too though so... It's just society these days I feel like. No one wants to work but wants to get paid.
At least in our days, it was mostly about getting paid...we were willing to do the work (and without a tip jar no less)

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the work, depends on the day, and depends on the boss (nothing about your quality as boss). I love cooking, brewing beer, wood work... But would hate to need it to make a living.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least in our days, it was mostly about getting paid...we were willing to do the work (and without a tip jar no less)
I always laugh about this debate. Our parents said the same thing about us...bunch of slackers were my parents words. I guess it is more of an age than a generational thing.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always laugh about this debate. Our parents said the same thing about us...bunch of slackers were my parents words. I guess it is more of an age than a generational thing.
Turns out changes are hard.
But to to Tim's point (I think), there should be some pride in the work being done. My work doesn't give merit based raises but prides itself on excellence. Without my company's support I will outgrow the role sooner rather than later.

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unfortunately it isn't necessarily. I have a 62 year old and a 26 year old (interesting, I just noticed the ages...) that are my laziest, most worthless technicians. Then I have an 21 year old and a 58 year old that are my best and hardest workers. I think it used to be age or generation but now it seems to be more societal. I could be wrong, maybe it's just a few bad apples

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Turns out changes are hard.
But to to Tim's point (I think), there should be some pride in the work being done. My work doesn't give merit based raises but prides itself on excellence. Without my company's support I will outgrow the role sooner rather than later.
Yeah, we stopped merit based raises because it was mean to the people who were "successful". They did the minimum required but we can't actually fault them for not doing their job and nothing more.

stoney7713

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To an extent, there are many angles to this, every generation of Parents want things better for their children. I know my grandfather and father wouldn't want me to slave away 6 or 7 days a week 10+ hour shifts.

The flip side, generations are getting lazier, look at technology and automation. Look at the number of people that don't do their own lawn care, or prepare their own meals.

There's a balance IMO

There definitely those who take advantage.

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To an extent, there are many angles to this, every generation of Parents want things better for their children. I know my grandfather and father wouldn't want me to slave away 6 or 7 days a week 10+ hour shifts.

The flip side, generations are getting lazier, look at technology and automation. Look at the number of people that don't do their own lawn care, or prepare their own meals.

There's a balance IMO

There definitely those who take advantage.
I don't do my own lawn care. Wait... I don't have a lawn. Ever tried mowing dirt and rocks? Not good on the old shinbone.

stoney7713

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it isn't necessarily. I have a 62 year old and a 26 year old (interesting, I just noticed the ages...) that are my laziest, most worthless technicians. Then I have an 21 year old and a 58 year old that are my best and hardest workers. I think it used to be age or generation but now it seems to be more societal. I could be wrong, maybe it's just a few bad apples
Definitely true, it's not all black and white.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
splat rugrats GIF

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really can't be drawn along any kind of line like that
Yeah, we stopped merit based raises because it was mean to the people who were "successful". They did the minimum required but we can't actually fault them for not doing their job and nothing more.
I am willing to work well. But I know that my relationship with my employer, at the end of the day, is a business relationship and when there is a better one out there. I will take it.

stoney7713

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do my own lawn care. Wait... I don't have a lawn. Ever tried mowing dirt and rocks? Not good on the old shinbone.
What! No way! I wish I didn't have to mow my lawn once or twice a week! A lucky boy you are! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back