*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Rennurdoar

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So cute. it's trying so hard. That looks like a bernardapora, you said its limeade goni?

Yup, I got it from a TSA live sale, TSA Raspberry Limeade. Or how it was labeled to me, the other one is a TSA Grafted Goni.

Rennurdoar

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So cute. it's trying so hard. That looks like a bernardapora, you said its limeade goni?

Although now looking at the two closer, they do appear to be different... I think you're right in that it's a Bernardapora and not a Goni!

Food Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are my Cousin it Gonis really trying to sting my raspberry limeade Gonis? Lol

View attachment 2942574
Some Gonis don't play well with others. I only have SBB Gonis and most varieties can touch with no problems but I have one Goni that is always extended and waving in the current but anytime I put it close to another Goni, the other Goni retracts and stays retracted and tight to the skeleton. As soon as the waving one gets relocated, the unhappy Goni opens again.

Also, as @Mschmidt pointed out yours could be a Bernadapora which doesn't get along with Gonis. How many lashes are on each polyp if you're able to count them?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In front of my Care Bears is my only non SBB goni. This guy was sold to me as a Mint Green Alveopora. It's actually a Lavender/Blue Goni with bright green mouths.View attachment 2942587
I don’t see how a goni could get mistaken for a alveopora since they’re not hard to tell apart

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don’t see how a goni could get mistaken for a alveopora since they’re not hard to tell apart
Exactly! I knew it was a Goni. Some Alveopora do have skinnier lashes on their polyps but there's still only 12 instead of 24.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although now looking at the two closer, they do appear to be different... I think you're right in that it's a Bernardapora and not a Goni!

Food Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG
still a cool coral. look out for the sweepers though, they get long. the mother of my bernie (from the lfs) has them close to a foot long. Mine dont have much at all, but I don't think it's living its best life right now.

Rennurdoar

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some Gonis don't play well with others. I only have SBB Gonis and most varieties can touch with no problems but I have one Goni that is always extended and waving in the current but anytime I put it close to another Goni, the other Goni retracts and stays retracted and tight to the skeleton. As soon as the waving one gets relocated, the unhappy Goni opens again.

Also, as @Mschmidt pointed out yours could be a Bernadapora which doesn't get along with Gonis. How many lashes are on each polyp if you're able to count them?

Trying to count them, looks like 24 maybe? So, that would be a Bernnadapora then? And they'll definitely get moved away from each other

Calm Down Matthew Goode GIF by Sundance Now

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Trying to count them, looks like 24 maybe? So, that would be a Bernnadapora then? And they'll definitely get moved away from each other

Calm Down Matthew Goode GIF by Sundance Now
Gonis are 24, Alveopora are 12, Bernadapora are typically 14-18 but sometimes more, sometimes less. There are also different varieties of Gonis from my understanding and it could be similar to torches - Aussies and Indos sometimes do great together while other times they kill each other. If the one is bothering the other, move one or both of possible. That's all it takes sometimes. Watch the closed up one for a couple of days for possible infection too. I had 2 or 3 that stayed open for the first week and then closed up for a couple of days before infection took them out. It was sad but it can be that way with Gonis.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion Lighting & Supply
Back