*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

HBtank

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it is. Its hard to push that buy it button when its $100 plus a piece, before you add in shipping
Some were discussing it last night, and I will say that I think quality live rock (and flow) are the foundation to success. Hard to find quality LR these days.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some were discussing it last night, and I will say that I think quality live rock (and flow) are the foundation to success. Hard to find quality LR these days.
I think people avoid it due to pests, but i started dry and dips every single thing going into my tank and inspected... still ended up with aiptasia/vermitids etc though i somehow also got the good guys like colonistas/stomas/sponges/spirorbid

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize the value until I took me over a year to trust my dry rock. It's so much easier with good live rock. Lesson learned

mww00ds

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some nice rock for Gulf Live Rock back in late October, that looks awesome and had all kinds of life on it. Got around 20 lbs for about what it would cost me to buy 1 piece of Australian

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize the value until I took me over a year to trust my dry rock. It's so much easier with good live rock. Lesson learned
Yep when I start with dry rock I will let the tank go with just fish for a long time before I trust coral in it.

InvaderJim

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a big thread in the SPS section about dosing bacteria from the zeovit line (mainly ZEObak and zeostart3) and quite a few people had success with it. You certainly can't beat live rock but it may help eventually.

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a big thread in the SPS section about dosing bacteria from the zeovit line (mainly ZEObak and zeostart3) and quite a few people had success with it. You certainly can't beat live rock but it may help eventually.
It will...just something about the diversity and concentration numbers in live rock

HBtank

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think people avoid it due to pests, but i started dry and dips every single thing going into my tank and inspected... still ended up with aiptasia/vermitids etc though i somehow also got the good guys like colonistas/stomas/sponges/spirorbid
I think the pest to benefit ratio on live rock is not bad, especially the quality stuff. Yes, you will need to trap crabs and other critters, but that is not so hard. The cultured LR hanging out in LFS, not so much, that is more likely to have persistent pests that can overwhelm tanks IME. I think frags and other aquaculture based stuff is far higher in risk than rock from the ocean. Both have pests, just with live rock they are generally pests that can be controlled or fade quickly (and usually not coral specific pests that devastate tanks).

I think you just have to accept that weeding out pests from new live rock for a period is part of the process.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Games by Codybot. ($500 in GC)

During this sale we will be offering (2) $100 SBB coral Gift cards and Multiple $25 Gift cards You can enter all Contests by the following: We will give random Gift cards and free coral read below( we will choose winners on Sunday 1.1.22 at or before 5pm est!)

1) Post a picture of a SBB coral in your tank!!!!! ( $100 Gift card)

2) Tag 10 of your friends on R@R in this thread. ( $100 Gift card)

3)Be the last person to comment on this post for the day and Earn $25 Gift card. ( This Promotion only will run the days of the actual sale which is Thursday 12.29.22- Saturday night 12.31.22 Total 3 gift cards. We will award these card each day for the winner! good luck! I hope you stay up late!!!!

Special $250 GC. THis will be awarded for the last post of the year saturday night! THe last post of the day for Saturday night will win this special gift card

4) We want this thread to be Crazy active and Interactive. So we will be throwing out random prizes such as free frag posts, free random $25, $1, $5 frags. But in order to win these prizes you have to currently be logged into this thread and posting activity. we will pick a winner for the free gift cards anytime we choose. We will tag you as you win so you know.. we will look in the post at random times during the day and who ever had the last post at at that time will win.. this starts now! and will run through the end of the sale sunday 1.1.23 at 8pm EST

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Special $250 GC. THis will be awarded for the last post of the year saturday night! THe last post of the day for Saturday night will win this special gift card

mww00ds

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
International Cat Day GIF

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Games by Codybot. ($500 in GC)

During this sale we will be offering (2) $100 SBB coral Gift cards and Multiple $25 Gift cards You can enter all Contests by the following: We will give random Gift cards and free coral read below( we will choose winners on Sunday 1.1.22 at or before 5pm est!)

1) Post a picture of a SBB coral in your tank!!!!! ( $100 Gift card)

2) Tag 10 of your friends on R@R in this thread. ( $100 Gift card)

3)Be the last person to comment on this post for the day and Earn $25 Gift card. ( This Promotion only will run the days of the actual sale which is Thursday 12.29.22- Saturday night 12.31.22 Total 3 gift cards. We will award these card each day for the winner! good luck! I hope you stay up late!!!!

4) We want this thread to be Crazy active and Interactive. So we will be throwing out random prizes such as free frag posts, free random $25, $1, $5 frags. But in order to win these prizes you have to currently be logged into this thread and posting activity. we will pick a winner for the free gift cards anytime we choose. We will tag you as you win so you know.. we will look in the post at random times during the day and who ever had the last post at at that time will win.. this starts now! and will run through the end of the sale sunday 1.1.23 at 8pm EST
This starts now?

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP AQuatics rock is really good. Just got 10 lbs to fill out recently in fact. I've not gotten any pests with their rock either.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
www.Riptideaquaculture.com
Back