Salt for a lps dominate

Saltwater_Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since I started my tank up in late june I have bought salt from my lfs and my parameters have been high on alk but low on mag and I would like to start making my own saltwater. Which salt would be good for 6 acans, 1 hammer and 1 torch. I also am planning to buy a 4 stage filter from brs so I can make the water on my own.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any salt will work fine. I’ve used both ReefCrystals and since early last year AquaForest Reef Salt. Both work fine it’s just I got the AquaForest at a good price and I like how my corals look using it. But there’s plenty of options. Pick one that fits your budget and matches whatever parameters you’re aiming for .

NickCage007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use quantums "mixed" salt. My reef was on the wwc channel, ive been using that salt for years, i attribute alot of my success to it. Check that one out. Its great stuff for lps corals

OP
OP
Saltwater_Reefing

Saltwater_Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any salt will work fine. I’ve used both ReefCrystals and since early last year AquaForest Reef Salt. Both work fine it’s just I got the AquaForest at a good price and I like how my corals look using it. But there’s plenty of options. Pick one that fits your budget and matches whatever parameters you’re aiming for .
I was judging parameters off what I looked up were good parameters for a torch coral. Should I just pick a salt and go with the flow and it would get used to the parameters?

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was judging parameters off what I looked up were good parameters for a torch coral. Should I just pick a salt and go with the flow and it would get used to the parameters?
Biggest things with torches are med high flow, and par in the low 100s to over 200 if acclimated. Nitrates anywhere 5+ , pref a bit higher. PO4 above zero and below .5. At least in my experience. I run high magnesium of over 1400, closer to 1500. This my torches with the AF Reef salt
1727048073254.jpeg

1727048107794.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back