Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick rundown, i bought glass lily pipes for my tank (canister filter) they look amazing clean
but i hate cleaning them every week
i heard krylon fusion works good but would like feedback nonetheless just in case
reason i want to paint the glass instead of going back to original ones is the surface skimmer,, doesn’t work really at all on the “stock” pipes but the glass one works wonders for keeping the surface clean

A6FE52FC-0C5B-4712-9D3A-068F9480A5C2.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my oldest tank is 17 years old, still has the bright blue back I painted on with krylon fusion paint. It has no nicks or peals, its still perfect. And it sprays on light and smooth, compared to other paints I tried that were "heavier" (for lack of a better word) which caused drips, krylon won't drip.

OP
OP
S

shcrimps

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my oldest tank is 17 years old, still has the bright blue back I painted on with krylon fusion paint. It has no nicks or peals, its still perfect. And it sprays on light and smooth, compared to other paints I tried that were "heavier" (for lack of a better word) which caused drips, krylon won't drip.
thank you for the confirmation !
i’m gonna go ahead and give it a shot
i already have a super fine sanding block to lightly scuff the pipes and i see that paint everywhere

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
S

shcrimps

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my oldest tank is 17 years old, still has the bright blue back I painted on with krylon fusion paint. It has no nicks or peals, it’s still perfect. And it sprays on light and smooth, compared to other paints I tried that were "heavier" (for lack of a better word) which caused drips, krylon won't drip.
the “heavier” / drip part was my second biggest worry besides chemicals killing the tank,
the openings for the intake are relatively small and i was worried it would block that (flow is adjustable) and the surface skimmer takes in a fair bit but restricting flow in any way was worrisome to me

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Join the movement!
Back