Royal gramma discoloration near tail. flukes?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you think would be the best course of action here. I dont know what else i could do. just sucks

@Jay Hemdal

I don't use Rally because I have access to formalin and that works better. That leaves me at a disadvantage in recommending that product to others.

The clownfish dying after the dip means the infection is pretty well advanced. Is the male maroon the last fish in the tank?

Jay

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use Rally because I have access to formalin and that works better. That leaves me at a disadvantage in recommending that product to others.

The clownfish dying after the dip means the infection is pretty well advanced. Is the male maroon the last fish in the tank?

Jay
No I have a green chromis and a six line wrasse, unfortunately both clowns are now dead, cleaner shrimp was eating the male this morning

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have a green chromis and a six line wrasse, unfortunately both clowns are now dead, cleaner shrimp was eating the male this morning
If the chromis and wrasse are symptom free, IMO that locks in Brooklynella as a diagnosis - tough to treat that without formalin….
Jay

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the chromis and wrasse are symptom free, IMO that locks in Brooklynella as a diagnosis - tough to treat that without formalin….
Jay
yea thats what i figured im keeping an eye on both of them now but all seems well so far ill update in a day or two

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back