Rodi filter pressure help

nathan212178

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I got spooked when trying to replace my rodi filter, when finished replacing the carbon and sediment filter, I tried running it to see how the water flow was(as it was low) it started spitting out water from the waste line, there wasn’t pressure from the meter nor water coming out of the product line, but I immediately turned it off when it started hissing but still proceeded to spit water out from the waste line until it died down, what caused this and what can I do to fix this? Is it the membrane that I need to replace as well?

I didn’t change the 2nd carbon block and changed the DI resin prior to this

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like it was just getting rid of the air that gets in the lines. It will sputter and spit for a bit till it purges the air out.

OP
OP
N

nathan212178

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like it was just getting rid of the air that gets in the lines. It will sputter and spit for a bit till it purges the air out.
Should I keep running it until it goes back to normal? I’m just scared something will explode from the pressure

Solo McReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*this is not an emergency

1723872990003.jpeg

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I keep running it until it goes back to normal? I’m just scared something will explode from the pressure

There is not enough pressure in those tubes to explode. Luckily there isn’t much that can break on a RODI and parts are readily available. It’s just some housing and tubes.

Run it so it can clear the air.

You unscrew the cartridges and replace and put it back together, naturally it ends up with air inside.

If you have a manual flush valve, if that accidentally got turned, it would produce only waste.

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back