• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

RO Rising Sun Growout

World Wide Corals
BRS

cjvale

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang joker we lost one in our growout too, i figured mike wouldnt let fresh cuts out like he did.... im sure hewill honor them tho. he seems to be a solid / stand up guy. i wish i would have gotten in this grow out too gool luck guys.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was super busy the few months that's why some were fresh cut. Joker lives 30 mins from me so fresh cuts shouldn't be an issue. I was told pieces died over a weeks after they were fine in his tank. In the past I have replaced many but after so many I has to draw the line somewhere. Then when I saw others were dying after months in his system I felt it may be something else. I have a lot of locals that come and take fresh cut with no issue for years. I'm sure they will speak up here. 1-2 pieces is cool but we talking about 7-8 now.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

hermesfansf

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was super busy the few months that's why some were fresh cut. Joker lives 30 mins from me so fresh cuts shouldn't be an issue. I was told pieces died over a weeks after they were fine in his tank. In the past I have replaced many but after so many I has to draw the line somewhere. Then when I saw others were dying after months in his system I felt it may be something else. I have a lot of locals that come and take fresh cut with no issue for years. I'm sure they will speak up here. 1-2 pieces is cool but we talking about 7-8 now.

I don't mean to sound offensive, However, i really don't think anyone should let anyone to pick up fresh cut chalice frag without making sure the frag is fully healed. Even though, Joker might be only 30 minutes away from Mikey, however, the commute + new environment in the different tank would totally stress and shock the chalice frag. If I knew Joker was picking up fresh cut chalice frags, i would have proposed Joker to let the chalice frags healed prior picking up.

Joker, did u lose 7-8 frags? I thought there was 2 frags from Mikey. I believe SC Mikey will make things right for us.

Last edited:
Corals.com
OP
OP
joker295

joker295

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wanted update you guys on the pieces.. the pink love is hanging on.. everything else looks good..

DSC_1457.jpg

DSC_1451.jpg

DSC_1449.jpg

DSC_1448.jpg

DSC_1447.jpg

DSC_1442.jpg

DSC_1434.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

ptboy6

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think Mike is going to. I hope he does but that's 2 pieces we've lost so far and number 3 is hanging on. Hopefully he'll give us a good deal on another pack in the future(not that his deals aren't awesome already). ;)

roblshan2000

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Mike has been awesome. If we keep losing pieces I think it may just be on us. Stinks, but that's the way it goes. I'm sure Sexy Mike would hook the group up with a great deal on some killer add ons if/when we choose to.
I don't think Mike is going to. I hope he does but that's 2 pieces we've lost so far and number 3 is hanging on. Hopefully he'll give us a good deal on another pack in the future(not that his deals aren't awesome already). ;)

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week during the grand opening/ frag swap at RR usa.. joker told me that two crazy fox from 2 growout he is doing has died also.. I am outta crazy fox but I saw that jfox had a frag.. I took cash outta my pocket and bought u guys a replacement.

And yes I'll def give u guys a super deal on more pieces to add on.

I also adviced joker that handling 4-5 growout is too much stress for one to take. He should spread out the responsibility. Im not gonna butt in on u guys but thats just what I think.

CLICK TO VIEW

hermesfansf

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week during the grand opening/ frag swap at RR usa.. joker told me that two crazy fox from 2 growout he is doing has died also.. I am outta crazy fox but I saw that jfox had a frag.. I took cash outta my pocket and bought u guys a replacement.

And yes I'll def give u guys a super deal on more pieces to add on.

I also adviced joker that handling 4-5 growout is too much stress for one to take. He should spread out the responsibility. Im not gonna butt in on u guys but thats just what I think.

I don't think Joker has even told us that he got crazy fox from Mike already and he also lost this one too. Joker, what is going on in your tank Maybe we could all help out a little if you let us know the situation in your tank.

Avast
OP
OP
joker295

joker295

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did get a frag of the crazy fox...mike and I split the cost as replacement.. It was a frag that I will be splitting between this growout and the other group ...it has 3 eyes or so...I will let it chill for a bit before I cut it for the groups...

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back