Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yup 5 feet and 12 inches is 6'!!
Same: 71.75”
….why couldn’t God just give me that extra 1/4” on top and just that extra 1” elsewhere …
….btw ever notice how many men claim to be 6’ and you are actually taller? folks lie about length in general LOL

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same: 71.75”
….why couldn’t God just give me that extra 1/4” on top and just that extra 1” elsewhere …
….btw ever notice how many men claim to be 6’ and you are actually taller? folks lie about length in general LOL
Ok let me break this down...
5 feet and 12 inches is 6 feet, not sure how .25" gets lost in the conversion- you're not the only one to get to the 71.75" :thinking-face:
I have a theory about short people.. it starts as a child, there are 2 ways to be raised. You have the coddled kids who get everything handed to them, then you have the other kind of kid. The ones who don't listen, get into everything and learn to not get caught. I was of the 2nd type, and I believe most tall people are. The theory is that being handed everything stunts growth. The constant stretching and reaching for contraband, as a growing child, stretches the joints, muscles, and bones resulting in taller person. Like a tree stretching through a canopy of trees for light as opposed to the same tree grown in the open- which ends up taller?
As far as length... I think it depends on what side of the curve is being measured, and the radius of said curve. ) like running the inside lane of a track vs the outside lane. Attention span, measure up or out, on top or from under? Lots of variables to consider. much like the tanks we keep, they are all different and everybody will never agree on what's "better". If only we could measure weight, or displacement would be best. Then we can compare roosters on a level playing field. I think ml would be a better metric, ie. One can say "Mine is about 500ml". Although I'm sure inflation will show itself regardless

Last edited:

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, everybody.. What does the rooster say?

Lucha Libre Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

(and yes, it will)

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the heck does the imperial system go up from 12 inches in a foot, to 3 feet in a yard, to 1760 yards in a mile!?? And don't even get me started on fluid ounces and measurements of liquid :angry-face::angry-face:
Fractions are my favorite. Also why freeze at 32?

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also why freeze at 32?
The 18th-century physicist Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit originally took as the zero of his scale the temperature of an equal ice-salt mixture and selected the values of 30° and 90° for the freezing point of water and normal body temperature, respectively; these later were revised to 32° and 96°, but the final scale

As a new zealander this nearly put me into a coma.

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats sad. Also doesnt that make you 6'? I mean its probably close enough Right? I am 5'113/4" I just say 6' makes me feel better.

I used to be 6'. Now I dread the part of my annual physical where they measure my height. Was particularly concerned when a nurse rounded down 5' 10 3/4" to just 5' 10". I want every 3/4" I can get at this point. :)

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be 6'. Now I dread the part of my annual physical where they measure my height. Was particularly concerned when a nurse rounded down 5' 10 3/4" to just 5' 10". I want every 3/4" I can get at this point. :)
LOL! This just happened to me, lost an inch since my last check up, that made me realize it had been way too long since my last check up. I felt so bad , I've been such a liar!

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! This just happened to me, lost an inch since my last check up, that made me realize it had been way too long since my last check up. I felt so bad , I've been such a liar!
You’re tellin me…everything I’ve lost in height, I’ve gained in circumference with a multiplier of 3x. Must be gravity trying to turn me into a pancake.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re tellin me…everything I’ve lost in height, I’ve gained in circumference with a multiplier of 3x. Must be gravity trying to turn me into a pancake.
I am in the same boat! I just can't figure out why, for some reason my wife thinks it has something to do with ice cream at night.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back