Resurecting old threads...

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I've done that with a clown jumper. Didn't stand much of a chance, I'm 6'2 and 120 kgs. Made a lid for the QT that day but I can still see his surprised expression, staring at me from my sock :(
I really shouldn't be joking about it, I was working on mine and my happy little yellow wrasse jumped and I didn't notice, then I stepped on him:confused-face:. I'm 5'12", 225lb. Didn't stand a chance, he was smeared into the floor. This happened about 2 weeks ago

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really shouldn't be joking about it, I was working on mine and my happy little yellow wrasse jumped and I didn't notice, then I stepped on him:confused-face:. I'm 5'12", 225lb. Didn't stand a chance, he was smeared into the floor. This happened about 2 weeks ago
Initially I thought I'd stepped on a doggy gift left by one of our 4 little tykes (Yorkshire terriers). Anger turned into guilt rather quickly.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude. It was a Dad pun! I know. I'm just as bad :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
@KrisReef is very creative at writing and making puns.

This was one of my favorite passages he wrote:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...-hydroxide-youre-dosing.1074812/post-12882920

I love how he uses creative circumlocution. It kept me so engaged. I can’t get over it. I love the indirectness and how he dances around with his word use. It’s iconic.

You gotta read the whole thread prior to the passage to understand. It’s not long as all. Highly recommend.

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats sad. Also doesnt that make you 6'? I mean its probably close enough Right? I am 5'113/4" I just say 6' makes me feel better.

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the subject of jumping fish….i had a bi colored blenny, I never have had lids on my tanks, but this event inspired me to get some…I brought the blenny home and put him in the tank, and he IMMEDIATELY hid. I never saw him out. Then, one day, I find my doggie chewin on something crunchy, and fish-shaped. Rip lil blenny. He must’ve jumped, then my dog found him a lil while later.

EricR

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I resurrect old threads when:
- contains info/discussion that I haven't been able to find elsewhere for a similar question/issue/whatever after searching
- didn't notice it was old (sorry)

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you convert that to mL? Or should I dig up that thread and ask?
Oddly I mentioned earlier that I was 6'2 and 120kgs. A bit surprised I wasn't called out as a hypocrite for taking the Micky about metric v imperial, to be honest.

mythesis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I resurrect old threads when:
- contains info/discussion that I haven't been able to find elsewhere for a similar question/issue/whatever after searching
- didn't notice it was old (sorry)
The last point is me!

In fact I had posted in one of Randy's threads about 3 minutes before seeing this one.

It looks like there was recent activity in it before me... But it was an old thread.

I, for one, would appreciate a "hey this thread is dead" warning before posting!

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I google a reef question it usually sends me to reef to reef. Some of these threads are really old leading to old thread syndrome!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KrisReef is very creative at writing and making puns.

This was one of my favorite passages he wrote:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...-hydroxide-youre-dosing.1074812/post-12882920

I love how he uses creative circumlocution. It kept me so engaged. I can’t get over it. I love the indirectness and how he dances around with his word use. It’s iconic.

You gotta read the whole thread prior to the passage to understand. It’s not long as all. Highly recommend.
I like to reef and I love to write. A long time ago I thought I would be a writer but I realized I didn't have any life experiences that would make my writing come alive? How can a person write about love before they are divorced?
I have now gained the life experiences to realize that I should have been smarter and learned the easy way, but I don't know if that could ever have worked for me?

Soon, If I live that long, I will remind folks of this thread. I do love to write and carry on, and I apologize in advance to anyone I happen to offend with my prose. I work hard to try and stay nice but sometimes posters will catch me with my guard down and the mods have to delete stuff to save my RTN-reputation here amongst the other reef Puritans.

And, no matter how hard I try, often I am wrong about a thing. Usually Randy is kind in his own reprimands for these errors and we might all learn from him, and a few others.
I feel I have earned a BS Badge for Prose, hopefully not the BS for Knowledge, and thanks for the kind words @Miami Reef . I expect you will get a lot of notes from the mods to stop encouraging me. :p :cool:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back