Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 years old and the Red Sea Valve requires constant tuning. I've taken the Red Sea Valve apart and cleaned. Did this mod today and it's so much easier to tune and dead quiet.... Links to all parts in the Youtube Description....

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 5 months of running the Calcium reactor. Tank is thriving. Lost a yellow coris wrasse [emoji26] Full tank shot on Memorial day. [emoji631]
2e883022bce77670f44894042803f013.jpg

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you Reefers are Youtube fans, CJ from CJ's aquarium just featured my tank on his channel. He's doing a series featuring other reefers tanks... Very grateful and honored to have CJ spotlight my Reef... Enjoy!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

OCDean

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this adapter from VCA then used 3/4 inch loc line y-adapter and 3/4 inch loc line. Also available in 1/2 inch.

Went with the 1/2 VCA loc-line kit for my 525xl, but I'm sort of wondering if I should have went with the 3/4 inch!
Do you know how much flow you're pushing through yours? Perhaps I'll upgrade down the road..

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went with the 1/2 VCA loc-line kit for my 525xl, but I'm sort of wondering if I should have went with the 3/4 inch!
Do you know how much flow you're pushing through yours? Perhaps I'll upgrade down the road..
I'm using a Reef Octopus Varios 8 return pump at 100% but it also feeds my Algae turf scrubber through a manifold. I have both the 3/4 and the 1/2 inch. The flow on the 1/2 inch is slightly but noticeably less.

OCDean

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Reef Octopus Varios 8 return pump at 100% but it also feeds my Algae turf scrubber through a manifold. I have both the 3/4 and the 1/2 inch. The flow on the 1/2 inch is slightly but noticeably less.

Worthwhile upgrade? I took off my random flow nozzles because it was creating turbulence at the top/waterline. Right now, I'm just using the loc-line splitters but will probably put the flow nozzles back on eventually. Tank is cycling so right now I'm just dialing things in. Curious if you're using those drop-connectors too? I was thinking of ordering those, curious what your thoughts are on them. Cheers, thanks!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worthwhile upgrade? I took off my random flow nozzles because it was creating turbulence at the top/waterline. Right now, I'm just using the loc-line splitters but will probably put the flow nozzles back on eventually. Tank is cycling so right now I'm just dialing things in. Curious if you're using those drop-connectors too? I was thinking of ordering those, curious what your thoughts are on them. Cheers, thanks!
I had the same problem with the Single RFG with drop connecter/ turbulence air bubbles so I switched to the 3/4 inch dual RFG. Wound up taking off the RFG's and just running the locline. I recently got some ReefRax frag rocks for my overflow box. The 3/4 inch loc line were blocking too much light for the frag I had on the single ReefRax. I switched over to the 1/2 inch loc line without RFG's for an even slimmer profile. Since I rely mostly on my Gyres and MP40's for flow it's working out for me. Worthwhile upgrade?? I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. IMO both work well enough for me. If it wasn't for the new racks I probably would still be running the 3/4 inch setup I have for the last couple of years. Difference in par just switching out the locline was 100 Par. I was shocked. lol

OCDean

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this information. It's truly helpful to be able to connect with other hobbyists and ask their experience with products, so I really appreciate your detailed reply.

Mind sharing pictures of the rack in/on the overflow box? Trying to understand how the loc-line was blocking your par readings, but I can't visualize exactly what you were describing. Cheers, thanks!

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AVAST
Back