Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I learned about my local club WAMAS and also R2R from Inappropriatereefer youtube channel. Found out he's local to me. Love his channel.

R2R was definitely daunting when you first get in but if you look for information, generally you will receive it. Also a lot of good people and a lot of people you should avoid :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Nutramar Foods
World Wide Corals

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was struggling to find good info online and finally clicked on an R2R link and figured out I would learn way more here than probably anywhere else. Also, I’ve seen several guys said they found R2R from BRS… for me it was the other way around!

lynn.reef.nerd

Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Started with RC in 2000 and finally left when most of the threads were about which clothes to put on your dog.
I would have stayed for that .... what was the verdict? bandana? tutu?

MoshJosh

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was previously active on FishLore (mostly FW) and needed a more reef focused forum. . . so I googled "best reef aquarium forum". . . the rest is history.

Name comes from my FishLore name that came from my guitar forum name from back in the day.

Nutramar Foods

Fort Salty

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading some articles related to beginning a tank and basic husbandry, and I came across one article (I think from the ReefBuilders? I read from several sources) that mentioned Humblefish and Paul B as if they were famous (infamous?). I did some Googleing to find out more about them and their tanks, coming across this and the Humblefish forum.

After poking around on here, I liked the varied opinions and vast wealth of experience. So I tried signing up, and found it as fun to post and chat on here as it was to research!

FS

Corals.com

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did everyone discover Reef2Reef? What was the one thing that surprised you once you joined?

I believe I was seeking reef groups and came across the name.

I was surprised how many topics were available. I have seen these topics more than double over the last decade
Similarly to you I was looking for online reefing based groups. This hobby is an easy one to pick forum-wise for me though. Reef2Reef is seemingly the only reef forum that is not stuck in 2001 for website design and functionality (no offense to anyone :grinning-face-with-sweat: ).

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Similarly to you I was looking for online reefing based groups. This hobby is an easy one to pick forum-wise for me though. Reef2Reef is seemingly the only reef forum that is not stuck in 2001 for website design and functionality (no offense to anyone :grinning-face-with-sweat: ).
Stuck in 2001 is so true

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a member of Reefs.org and RC back early 2000. A few years later we had a local reef forum initially based off RC then our club got active until 2015 and dissolved. Reefs.org was just active in The Sump and I didn't seek out online forums for several years. I just happened to find this new to me forum and joined.

Corals.com

iamacat

Higher than my pH
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started a decade ago I found ReefCentral to be pretty brutal to inexperienced reefers. Therefore I resorted to books and YouTube.

when starting my new tank in 2020 I found myself googling specific topics and R2R was always a top result that was exactly what I was looking for. Never considered posting tho untill I realized I was gathering info just based off others sharing their experiences.

you can find any topic imaginable on here and get multiple view points that will likely match your situation.

for me specifically, Apex programming was completely achieved through multiple threads on R2R

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When I started a decade ago I found ReefCentral to be pretty brutal to inexperienced reefers. Therefore I resorted to books and YouTube.

when starting my new tank in 2020 I found myself googling specific topics and R2R was always a top result that was exactly what I was looking for. Never considered posting tho untill I realized I was gathering info just based off others sharing their experiences.

you can find any topic imaginable on here and get multiple view points that will likely match your situation.

for me specifically, Apex programming was completely achieved through multiple threads on R2R
Not to get into politics but i have heard many negative experiences on RC and the lack of answers as examples

iamacat

Higher than my pH
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to get into politics but i have heard many negative experiences on RC and the lack of answers as examples
There is definitely information to be gathered from RC. I found there to be a lack of questioning to help and more of a ridicule only to share how great their system is in comparison.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back