Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a seahorse (not sure the species) that could tell the difference between me or my other family members when we were at the glass. She would also curl around my pinky and hold onto me while I had my hands in the tank.

Unfortunately I will never keep another seahorse. Much too demanding (hand feed 2-3x/day) and in the end she only lived 1.5 years in my tank which was probably my fault as I had her when I was new to the hobby ~15 years ago..

Mark Goode

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A volitan lionfish I had 35 years ago, without a doubt. When I approached the tank he would come up to the glass, then stick his head out of the water and squirt jets of water in my direction. He ignored anyone else, just stayed hanging upside down somewhere. I never tried to pet him, but I probably could have if I'd been daft enough to try. He grew to be a big fish too. Sadly a divorce meant selling the house and finding a new home for him. (Or her, of course. danged if I know which)

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A volitan lionfish I had 35 years ago, without a doubt. When I approached the tank he would come up to the glass, then stick his head out of the water and squirt jets of water in my direction. He ignored anyone else, just stayed hanging upside down somewhere. I never tried to pet him, but I probably could have if I'd been daft enough to try. He grew to be a big fish too. Sadly a divorce meant selling the house and finding a new home for him. (Or her, of course. danged if I know which)
Lol my new v. Lionfish throw water out of the tank when hungry. Last week when I was giving it mollies it attacked molly so fast that molly jumper out of the tank and it was looking me like give that back to me

Top Shelf Aquatics

4n6doc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a dogface puffer about 15 years ago that was practically an underwater puppy. Always greeted me when I got home, liked to spit water at me when I cleaned the tank. I could hand feed him and he loved belly scratches. I had to rehome him when I moved out of state, but he’ll always be my favorite. I hope to get a bigger tank someday and have another.

melonheadorion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is my warpaint clown goby. absolutely not afraid of your hand at all. many times will let you touch him. if im in front of the tank, he will come and perch somewhere on the front glass. he likes attention. i also had a chromi that would eat out of my hand.

TWYOUNG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a blue spotted jawfish named Goob RIP little buddy…

my roommate left my tank lid open when feeding him when I was out of town.. he jumped to his death and wasn’t discovered until I got home from my trip. Worst surprise ever. View attachment 3001358
he was such a sweet guy. Always came up to the glass to see me. Didn’t bother my other critters. Just wanted to enjoy his nice hole under his favorite rock
My experience has been they're very difficult to keep and I've read they require cooler than normal temperatures. How long did you have yours?

TWYOUNG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copperband butterfly... likes to shake it's head to beg for food and follow you around. The only fish that never flinches when kids slap the glass.
How fun! My White Tail Bristletooth heads to hide when he sees me 20 feet away. Very frustrating!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is my Cirrhilabrus naokoae
C7EAFEC8-BDC2-472E-87C7-BC6DEDB97F84.jpeg

This guy will happily play and swim within my fingers when I’m in my 4’ tank. I feel like him being in my nano helped out with that as I used to have my hand in the nano every week for a water change so he’s used to my hand being in my tanks :)

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an H erectus seahorse named Eve for 6+ years. All my ponies were special but she was one of my first and she would dance for food. I miss her but seahorses are a lot of work and keeping them is limiting. This is a pic of her when she was older.
20190603_134402.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How fun! My White Tail Bristletooth heads to hide when he sees me 20 feet away. Very frustrating!

Ya my yellow tang is a chicken too.

Maybe it’s time you trade up for a Copperband haha, I think they are pretty much all puppy dogs when settled in.

ultraArcite

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a species, I think the Shark-nosed Goby is the friendliest. I have 1 in each of my tanks and both will clean my hand and don't bother the other fish. They go about their business and never get into fights. I will have one in every single reef tank I own.

BRS

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
54_9d0d5853-cfa0-40ef-8e2e-1c01e31d5570_1920x.jpg

My Hector's Goby is a friendly little guy/gal. Minds their business, stays out of the way of bolder fish and even snacks on my hair algae. He's one of my favorites in the tank. Not shy either, always out.

Sorry about your loss. Always a bummer to lose a beloved fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a CBB which is my friendliest fish, always comes over to greet me and say hi when I'm close to the tank!
I wish my CBB did that, instead it’s my Angel and Naoko Fairy that does it.

OP
OP
Gabtron92

Gabtron92

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience has been they're very difficult to keep and I've read they require cooler than normal temperatures. How long did you have yours?
I’ve
I think I had him for 6-7 months before it happened. He was super healthy and a great eater. I kept the tank cooler for him … like 72-74 and no issues with the other inhabitants running it cooler. I have my heat up now that I don’t have him anymore but I miss the little guy. They are definitely jumpers so you have to have a lid

Cthulukelele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My carpenter wrasse would swim in my hand and let me pet him. First fish that I had that was so friendly. Sadly not sure why he died. Always the good ones rip
If it's any consolation their natural lifespan is only 3ish years, so it may very well have died of old age.

AquaCave Logo Banner

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porcupine puffer my wife named Pudge. Always happy to see anyone at the tank and actually looked like he had a smile on his face all day.
Pudge! Aww I love that name.:pleading-face: How long did you have the little guy?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion Lighting & Supply
Back