Reef Brite XHO K15 ADD-ON KIT works with new RADION® G5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Reefbrite

Reefbrite

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The X360 designed for the Kessils could work if you get the Prime suspension mount and attached it. The kit would still need to be suspended or mounted somehow since the stock Prime flex mounts will not properly support the additional weight.

OP
OP
Reefbrite

Reefbrite

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a spectral chart. The XHO'S actually use a combination of Blue and Violet LED'S. If you constructed a DIY system for example using solely 450nm LED'S, while the corals would fluoresce the fixture would not render the color or pop the same as the Actinic XHO'S. If you have additional questions feel free to email [email protected] and we would be glad to setup a call and go over them with you

Attachments

• XHO-K-ADD-ON-KIT-1024x544-1.jpg
    XHO-K-ADD-ON-KIT-1024x544-1.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 55

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. I know you guys were talking about adding a prime add on to the line and didn't know if you were going to keep on thinking about it and moving forward,I am assuming it would probably be 6"-8" strips ?

Okay,I'm really looking for more of a dynamic range of 380-390 all the way to 430 with a 445-450 mixture.

OP
OP
Reefbrite

Reefbrite

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an SPS dominant RSR750XXL with 1 Xr15 and 4 Radion Gen 4 Pros. My concern with the reefbrites is controllability and the ability to slowly ramp up and down. With the radions I have what additional items do I need from reefbrite?
Reef Brite Bluetooth LE controller or Reef Brite APEX LED interface. Email [email protected] for more information

OP
OP
Reefbrite

Reefbrite

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 XR15 G5 Radions. I want to get 2 KHO-K15 for them. do I need 2 bluetooth controllers or just one to run them?
You can use a single Bluetooth controller along with one of our two way connectors but may need a larger power supply to power the kits efficiently. Email [email protected] for more information

Hollywood_REEFER

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a single Bluetooth controller along with one of our two way connectors but may need a larger power supply to power the kits efficiently. Email [email protected] for more information
BRS has a sale on your blue tooth controller but there is 2 models. the regular and the multi light. if im buying 2 KHO-K15 do i get the multi light blue tooth controller?

Hollywood_REEFER

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reached out to joy but I need to call about the power supply. just wanted to buy the KHO's because they are on sale

cww180

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The XHO's included with the K15 Kit are 10 inches long and the XHO's included with the K30 kit are 15 inches long.
I think its a good concept and probably works good. I would just like to add the 15‘“ version lite on the K15 package. The ones that come with the K15 look to have some dead space on both ends really ending with a 7” light. Let me know if there are options to do this, I even thought about order the kit for the XR30 and adapting it to fit my XR15.

OP
OP
Reefbrite

Reefbrite

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its a good concept and probably works good. I would just like to add the 15‘“ version lite on the K15 package. The ones that come with the K15 look to have some dead space on both ends really ending with a 7” light. Let me know if there are options to do this, I even thought about order the kit for the XR30 and adapting it to fit my XR15.
Despite the dimensions, The K15 Kit works very well with the XR15 and was designed specifically so that users with smaller tanks had an option to add supplemental lighting for more pop and coverage. For larger setup's you can add 15 or even 24 inch XHO's to either an XR15 or XR30 using our X series dual system. If you have any questions email [email protected] and we would be glad to set up a call to discuss your system.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite the dimensions, The K15 Kit works very well with the XR15 and was designed specifically so that users with smaller tanks had an option to add supplemental lighting for more pop and coverage. For larger setup's you can add 15 or even 24 inch XHO's to either an XR15 or XR30 using our X series dual system. If you have any questions email [email protected] and we would be glad to set up a call to discuss your system.

Do you guys ever think you will make an add-on kit for the Prime ? I know you guys were thinking about it.

OP
OP
Reefbrite

Reefbrite

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turns out some users have used our X360 kit designed for the Kessil 360x but it will not work with the Flex mounts because of the additional weight. It is still definitely something were are looking into making an actual kit for in the future.

Goby_Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason why we want a bracket for the XR15 to fit on the XHO-K30 is because the 24" XHO dual strip is priced at $550. Yet I can buy a single XHO 24" strip at $167 x2 = $334. So your saying that the brackets you supply to make it a dual strip is worth over $200? Not to mention you get twice the number of LED's on the XHO-K30 compared to the XHO-K15 for only a $20 difference. Your pricing is completely off and confusing. It's a no brainer that anyone with a 20" or larger tank with one XR15 would want the largest possible spread and to look for better options. If you had multiple XR15's mounted close to each other, I could see needing them smaller. But I would say that would not be the case in most instances.

OP
OP
Reefbrite

Reefbrite

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We appreciate your feedback and concerns and will certainly take them into consideration. The K15 was designed to match the XR15 adding the correct amount of light to compliment the spread and look of the XR15 itself. The X Series Dual includes more than just the brackets and hardware which alone retail for $120. It also includes a larger master power supply to drive both XHO's, inline dimmers, Y connectors, and a universal hanging kit.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason why we want a bracket for the XR15 to fit on the XHO-K30 is because the 24" XHO dual strip is priced at $550. Yet I can buy a single XHO 24" strip at $167 x2 = $334. So your saying that the brackets you supply to make it a dual strip is worth over $200? Not to mention you get twice the number of LED's on the XHO-K30 compared to the XHO-K15 for only a $20 difference. Your pricing is completely off and confusing. It's a no brainer that anyone with a 20" or larger tank with one XR15 would want the largest possible spread and to look for better options. If you had multiple XR15's mounted close to each other, I could see needing them smaller. But I would say that would not be the case in most instances.

I have thought this to myself numerous times about a few things.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back