Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefmat story that might help some folks that are gettin rid of socks and making the switch...

225gal system setup on Febuary 18th of 2022 using rocks from Tampa bay saltwater..

Nutrients were up after system stablalized... Greenhair algea started... so I added a roller mat on June 4th... i Kept skimmer running and collecting.

As you can see in the image of my test results the roller mat instantly started stripping the tank of nutrients within a few weeks and brought me into a dino problem I'm still currently battling..

I 'm now starting week 4 of allowing the skimmer just to overflow into the sump and feeding double than what I was and still testing 0 on nitrates and near zero on phos.. I can however see the tide is starting to change on the dinos and I'm actually gettin ahead of them making progress with lots of scrubbing and the mat pulling them out while verily slowly raising nutrients...

Moral of story... careful with your new fleece roller!! These things work way better than I could have ever imagined!

anybody else fight this learning curve Or have same experience ??

20230127_072000.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back