Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 18 clams between two display systems, and yesterday due to a large mag and small gigs walking around I re-worked some aquascape and lighting and re-tested the PAR in my 200cm display. Average PAR for all my clams is about 600 (I'm using end-to-end ATI Stratons at full power except green channel, about a ~14k look). They've been under these conditions for a few months, before the average PAR was about 425 under 14k MH. I'm definitely seeing faster growth in SPS and clams at 600+ than I was at 400+. I also saw a similar increase in growth when I lowered the lights some on my smaller display to go from ~400 to ~550 (same light, just more PAR).

The above measurements are not including the indirect and/or direct NSL everything gets which can ramp par to 1500+ if it's sunny outside.

Just thought I'd share FWIW :)

Nutramar Foods

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 18 clams between two display systems, and yesterday due to a large mag and small gigs walking around I re-worked some aquascape and lighting and re-tested the PAR in my 200cm display. Average PAR for all my clams is about 600 (I'm using end-to-end ATI Stratons at full power except green channel, about a ~14k look). They've been under these conditions for a few months, before the average PAR was about 425 under 14k MH. I'm definitely seeing faster growth in SPS and clams at 600+ than I was at 400+. I also saw a similar increase in growth when I lowered the lights some on my smaller display to go from ~400 to ~550 (same light, just more PAR).

The above measurements are not including the indirect and/or direct NSL everything gets which can ramp par to 1500+ if it's sunny outside.

Just thought I'd share FWIW :)
Are you measuring with the apogee?

World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

RC
Back