Radion G6 XR15 Blue

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know… sometimes when you take the time to check with a manufacturer before you purchase you get bit in the tail. I started a IM100 EXT a little over a year ago. This was a transfer from another system. I had 1 XR 15 G6 blue in the previous system. I checked with Echotech to see if a total of 3 units would give me the PAR for my SPS system. I was told it would be no problem. Growth on my acros has been ver slow for the year. Some have browned out, lost color and came back. I didn’t have a PAR meter and trusted what I was told. Boy my big mistake. Just got my hands on a PAR meter and found that though there is 500+ PAR at the top of the tank, a third of the way down the PAR is only 200 to 220
Ish’. Now I see what guys were complaining about. XR 15 G6 Radions do not put out that much penetrating PAR! No wonder acro growth has been slow and everything else took off. That of course mean supplemental lighting . More $$$$$…. Argh!

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Correction to the OP: the Blues seem to put out less PAR for some reason. I wonder if it’s the meters.

My Pros put out plenty.

IMG_1495.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back