Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update: Woke up this morning and noticed my tank was cloudy (in my tank this usually means an anemone has had a close encounter with my pump).

I go downstairs to check my frag tank/anemone quarantine zone... I had completely rearranged this area last night... (in the frag tank) I took all the rock, and the powerheads, put them into into a small area I had sectioned off from the rest of the tank with 2 pieces of overlapping eggcrate (makes holes 1/4 the size)... before the anemones were in the small section, but kept escaping to the larger area (I didn't want them on the rocks/near pumps)... so I figured that's where they wanted to go, and swapped them...

there were 3 RTBA's anemone's in there last night.... 0 anemone's this morning. skimmer was going nuts.

I am officially DONE with anemones.

getting a big batch of RODI ready for a WC.

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update: Woke up this morning and noticed my tank was cloudy (in my tank this usually means an anemone has had a close encounter with my pump).

I go downstairs to check my frag tank/anemone quarantine zone... I had completely rearranged this area last night... (in the frag tank) I took all the rock, and the powerheads, put them into into a small area I had sectioned off from the rest of the tank with 2 pieces of overlapping eggcrate (makes holes 1/4 the size)... before the anemones were in the small section, but kept escaping to the larger area (I didn't want them on the rocks/near pumps)... so I figured that's where they wanted to go, and swapped them...

there were 3 RTBA's anemone's in there last night.... 0 anemone's this morning. skimmer was going nuts.

I am officially DONE with anemones.

getting a big batch of RODI ready for a WC.
That sucks man. Why dont you try and keep them in baskets in a frag tank?

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks man. Why dont you try and keep them in baskets in a frag tank?

Initially I did have them in baskets but they didn't seem to be happy, I would find them tumbling in the baskets every morning, didn't think that it was good for their health to be like that long term. Maybe I just needed different baskets

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially I did have them in baskets but they didn't seem to be happy, I would find them tumbling in the baskets every morning, didn't think that it was good for their health to be like that long term. Maybe I just needed different baskets
Gotcha. Maybe flow was too high?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Maybe flow was too high?
That's possible, but I only had one powerhead in that tank and it wasn't very powerful, almost 2 feet away.

....I think I'm going to take a break with anemones for awhile anyways ;) I'm starting to concentrate on my SPS and those two definitely don't mix well!

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's possible, but I only had one powerhead in that tank and it wasn't very powerful, almost 2 feet away.

....I think I'm going to take a break with anemones for awhile anyways ;) I'm starting to concentrate on my SPS and those two definitely don't mix well!
Gotcha bud. GL

OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
latest FTS. starting to use RAW mode to correct whitebalance properly (should have done this a long time ago!!)

8Ri2B2o.jpg

Nutramar Foods
Avast
OP
OP
Quartapound

Quartapound

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick update :) ...The tank is starting to show some great results, SPS pieces I'd picked up in the past few months are colouring up well and really starting to take-off. Possible reasons for the recent growth spurt
  • tank has 'matured' again since it was moved this summer
  • new Doser keeping parameters rock steady (all dialed in, numbers exactly where I want them and holding)
  • started dosing amino acids (aquavitro fuel)
  • SPS has acclimated to my lighting/flow by now
Here's an example of some of my growth over the past 10 days

I cropped this from my November 29th FTS
3WA4lhc.jpg

exactly 10 days later (I took this picture a few minutes ago December 9th)
AFD32QI.jpg

Now, I know digitata is already a very fast grower, and I'm sure this doesn't look very impressive to the SPS nuts for whom it grows like wildfire, but I'm happy/excited to notice that much difference in only 10 days... I take it as a sign the tank's doing well :) :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back