+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows it going R2R

I run a 60g display with a 10g sump and my 10g ATO last me 3weeks.
How long does your ATO last?

How big is your Total water volume and ATO?

I gotta say as I kick my feet up and refill my ATO for the first time in 3 weeks, that this sure beats the heck out of using a Home Depot bucket for my FW revisor.

Big tank owners!
How big is your ATO and is it ever big enough!?

Daltrey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a 160 gallon display with a 40 gallon sump. My 50 gallon ATO lasts me around three weeks also. Plus I just did a 25 gallon water change in around 10 minutes.

F6ED9D94-FEB9-4809-8DDA-6F0D953F27F1.jpeg

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ATO... a Tunze... I hope it will last for many years!

My ATO reservoir? 5g, on a ~150g system, gets refilled (automatically) every other day. Not that it's completely empty by then... no reason I know of to ever let it go dry.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My top off needs vary greatly by season and even location in the house. This time of year I am refilling my 7 gallon top off container twice a week, but in the summer probably longer then once a week. Typically I don't let it run dry and refill when I do my weekly water changes but in the winter I need to refill at least one more time during the week as well.

My indoor humidity levels vary from 30%-90% I live on an island (freshwater nothing exciting) so in the summer it's extremely humid but in the winter I heat my house with wood so it's extremely dry. We even run a humidifier which is something I never in a million years thought I'd own. In addition to my 112 gallon reef I have an open top 90 gallon and they do not create enough humidity in the dead of winter.

Meanwhile I have my frag / qt systems in a room that I mostly keep closed because of my cats and have to run a standard dehumidifier there, even before the room had tanks the window got condensation frequently. I just top off these tanks manually and it's very little which is why I haven't stressed about putting auto tops on them.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ksfulk

Restarting... again... for real this time.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows it going R2R

I run a 60g display with a 10g sump and my 10g ATO last me 3weeks.
How long does your ATO last?

How big is your Total water volume and ATO?

I gotta say as I kick my feet up and refill my ATO for the first time in 3 weeks, that this sure beats the heck out of using a Home Depot bucket for my FW revisor.

Big tank owners!
How big is your ATO and is it ever big enough!?

I use 2 - 5 gallon containers for my ATO reservoirs. One is a 5 gallon bucket with a JG fitting that I have KW and RO/DI water in thats run off an Avast Peristalic pump and the other is a 5 gallon HPLC water container from my work that just holds RO/DI and uses an Apex PMUP. Both are connected to a pressure switch that is routed through my Apex BOB, and the peristalic pump has been in service on various tanks (30 gallon upto a 350 gallon) for the last six years. The PMUP was a relatively recent addition, about a year or so ago.

I have a Red Sea Reefer 525xL, which is about 120 gallon total system, when factoring in displacement and a custom sump. My evaporation varies from season to season, but on average I loose about 2.3 gallons of water daily. When I go on vacation, I move the peristalic tubing to my 40 gallon RO/DI reservoir if I wont be home for more than a few days.

ca1ore

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ATO reservoir is 65 gallons (a standard 75 gal tank) and lasts 8-9 days across my various tanks during the driest months (an extra 2-3 days during the more humid months). Keep in mind that the physical size of the reservoir is your last line of defense against runaway ATO, so I personally would not want more than 10 days (I never go away for any longer than that; plus I can remotely trigger the ATO reservoir refill if absolutely necessary).

Chuk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 with a 40 breeder sump which is half full. I’m estimating I’m at ~110g total vol and I have a 7 gal ATOnit lasts ~3-4 days in the summer and about a week in the winter

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back