Plumbing Help Needed! Feedback appreciated!

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, I’m plumbing a 50 Gallon low boy and currently everything is only dry fit… I wanted to get feedback before anything is glued. This is what I have planned for the manifold. 3 of them reduce to 1/2” for further proofing and the tee with the ball valve has a 3/4” adapter that I’m going to use for water changes. It will be capped when not in use. The 1” gate valve on the left is in case I need to close it a bit to create pressure and increase flow into one of the manifolds. My plan is to then use a 90 elbow to move the plumbing behind the tank and us a T fitting to split the dual returns. Honestly it seems like a long way to travel until the water gets back to the returns so I’m guessing I’m going to need a really strong return pump? Any advice at all is appreciated. Currently I’m just playing around with the fittings but nothing is getting glued until I make sure I take any feedback and adjust. Pardon my art lol

IMG_8770.png IMG_8769.png IMG_8767.jpeg IMG_8766.jpeg IMG_8762.png IMG_8761.png

Poulpo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. I just changed a ball valve for a gate valve in my return and it really worth it. Much more convenient to adjust. I use a jebao dcp 15000 (5m head pressure so you would need a smaller model). It is 5 years old and still going strong (had to change an impeller and the controller one time but it is cheap). I buyed two from the start to be able to swap in case of failure and I don't regret it. Cheap and it move a lot of water from my basement...

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice setup. I just changed a ball valve for a gate valve in my return and it really worth it. Much more convenient to adjust. I use a jebao dcp 15000 (5m head pressure so you would need a smaller model). It is 5 years old and still going strong (had to change an impeller and the controller one time but it is cheap). I buyed two from the start to be able to swap in case of failure and I don't regret it. Cheap and it move a lot of water from my basement...
I actually run the Jebao 6500 DC pump for my mixing setup and it’s a great pump. And at a good cost. I’ll probably go for a larger version for the lowboy

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back