PhosGuard and Reed Flux

mikebusc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started a regiment of reef flux two days ago. I just read now that I should have removed my bag of Phosguard that I had in the refugium. Do you think that’s going to cause a problem? Maybe negate the effects of the reflux?

splunty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely hard to say. If you were fighting bryopsis you would already know as it would have started bleaching already. For GHA it can take weeks to see any effects, if at all.

That said, it's not like the dose level is based on any real science, and microdosing seems to work for a lot of people. You could always just dose a bit more. (And like Eeyore said, relocate any macro algae.)

GFO would be fine to run during the treatment.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that before, but some other people in his forum said it didn’t affect it. And the first and second time I’ve used it, it never affected mine either.
It might depend on the type...

How well did it remove the nuisance algae the other times?

IMO, best to reserve the use of drugs to severe cases of bryopsis...

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started a regiment of reef flux two days ago. I just read now that I should have removed my bag of Phosguard that I had in the refugium. Do you think that’s going to cause a problem? Maybe negate the effects of the reflux?

I do not believe that fluconazole has any potential to bind to phosguard, and so I see no reason to avoid it (for that reason; I'm not a fan due to it being aluminum).

Where did you read to not use phosguard with fluconazole?

OP
OP
mikebusc

mikebusc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not believe that fluconazole has any potential to bind to phosguard, and so I see no reason to avoid it (for that reason; I'm not a fan due to it being aluminum).

Where did you read to not use phosguard with fluconazole?
I really can’t recall where I read that.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back