Review score
+0 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I can’t get my Ph over 8.00 I have apex and probe is calibrated. Tested with 2 other testers. I have a 180g tank run a Aquamax Skimmer. I run the line directly from the Venturi to outside the house. I also, run a CO2 scrubber! I can not get it over 8! I do have a house full. But so does other people that I know get over 8. I ran Kawwasser in Ato. It did nothing but make my Alk go over 10 and nothing for PH, anyone have any insight? This seems to be something that I just can’t wrap my head around.

IMG_1318.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said it, you have a house full (of co2). Can you open windows, even just to see if ph goes up?
Do you have corals or a refugium? Both raise ph by removing co2 during photosynthesis.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
J

Jhillreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said it, you have a house full (of co2). Can you open windows, even just to see if ph goes up?
Do you have corals or a refugium? Both raise ph by removing co2 during photosynthesis.
I have corals and I do have a fuge. It’s too hot to open the windows: but when I did it did not have a effect

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok, so I can’t get my Ph over 8.00 I have apex and probe is calibrated. Tested with 2 other testers. I have a 180g tank run a Aquamax Skimmer. I run the line directly from the Venturi to outside the house. I also, run a CO2 scrubber! I can not get it over 8! I do have a house full. But so does other people that I know get over 8. I ran Kawwasser in Ato. It did nothing but make my Alk go over 10 and nothing for PH, anyone have any insight? This seems to be something that I just can’t wrap my head around.

View attachment 3153104
I had similar and run a fan under the tank across sump and it increased .2
Also, depending on your alk level, raising the alkalinity can act as a stimulant to increase your ph level

Corals.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AquaCave Logo Banner
Avast

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That assumes lowish house co2 levels, otherwise you are adding co2 from ambient, which is A if not THE major cause of low ph in our tanks.
So is this saying high ambient co2 can be countered by removing surface agitation and relying on a skimmer to add o2 to the water?

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion Lighting & Supply
Back