Peeking Personality: Do your fish show personality?

Do your fish show personality?

• Yes! I believe my fish show unique personalities.

Votes: 88 91.7%
  • No. I do not believe my fish show personality.

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other (Please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Animals are one of life's great pleasures. The companionship and the sense of purpose that we can experience when it comes to our pets is so special. But what takes the joy of these relationships over the edge is the development and understanding of their personalities, dispositions, and temperaments. This is no different from our furry friends to our salty ones!

Do your fish show personality?

tv show jess GIF

OP
OP
AlyciaMarie

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My YWG definitely has some personality. Believe it or not, he is the tank's guardian and boss! He's pretty gentle most of the time, but if you come near his cave, you're done. :face-with-tears-of-joy: He also shows a special interest in my firefish, which he protects from the clownfish. The firefish is also the only living thing allowed in or around his cave.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. I talk to them all the time and even get to pet a few of them. I feel bad for the big lionfish as he always looks like he’s waiting to be petted too! But not going there! Lol!

ChrisfromBrick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the fish that shows the most is my tailspot blenny. Its hilarious when it catches a piece of food and is like "im good" and backs into a little hole in the rockwork with his head sticking out.

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My starry blenny loves to stare at me when I look into the tank, and he'll reposition himself to look me face to face. I'm not sure if he's trying be scary, but a blenny stare down isn't exactly intimidating.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a trigger fish, unbelievable personally!
IMG_20240929_173326697.jpg

I'll be working in the tank and sometimes I have to push him out of the way because he is always hanging out with my hand as I'm working

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My eels :) love how they always snuggle with eachother. I also hand feed them and we have a special bond!

Attachments

• IMG_6904.jpeg
    IMG_6904.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6805.jpeg
    IMG_6805.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 11

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My calarkii clown fish is the tank boss/model citizen/peacekeeper…he has a hat for every occasion! Whether that’s putting another fish in place to run “His tank” smoothly, getting two fish to stop squabbling, or just being on his best behavior!

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talk to them all the time
Same. Whenever I'm by the tank and say something my Gal will say what did you say? I respond nothing just talking to the fish.
Mine are just a bunch of hungry food beggars and follow me any time I'm near the tank.
PXL_20241010_232354297.jpg

DrNickk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. I talk to them all the time and even get to pet a few of them. I feel bad for the big lionfish as he always looks like he’s waiting to be petted too! But not going there! Lol!
I had a lionfish that did the typical spitting water at you during feeding, and he'd let me scratch under his chin when his mouth was out of the water. They def have some personality.

Note: I talk to my fish too!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back