Orphek Unveils Revolutionary Natura iCon Reef LED Light: The Future of Reef Aquarium Illumination

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
natura.jpg

Orphek, a global leader in reef aquarium LED lighting, is proud to introduce its latest innovation, the Natura iCon Reef LED Light. Designed to mimic nature at its fullest, the Natura iCon is set to revolutionize the way aquarists illuminate their reef tanks. With cutting-edge features and unparalleled performance, this new product is perfect for the Reef2Reef community, known for its dedication to marine biodiversity and advanced aquarium systems.

Overview of Orphek and Natura iCon

For over a decade, Orphek has been at the forefront of LED technology, continuously pushing the boundaries to support the preservation and protection of marine life. The Natura iCon Reef LED Light is the culmination of years of research and development, integrating insights from leading marine biologists and coral researchers.

The Natura iCon stands out as the only LED reef light capable of reproducing natural sunlight and moonlight cycles with unprecedented accuracy. This breakthrough technology ensures optimal conditions for coral growth, color, and overall health, making it an essential addition to any serious reef aquarium setup.

all channels.jpg

Key Features of Natura iCon

The Natura iCon Reef LED Light is packed with innovative features designed to enhance the aquarium experience:
  • Sun & Moon Synchronization: This feature allows for the synchronization of both sun and moon cycles with real local timing or any chosen location worldwide. This ensures a natural lighting environment that promotes coral health and spawning.
  • 6w Mixed Color Dual-Chip LEDs: Featuring 78 high-efficiency dual-chip LEDs, the Natura iCon offers a total of 156 individual LED chips ranging from 390 to 740nm. This results in the widest and most captivating blue spectrum ever achieved, enhancing coral fluorescence and colors.
dual chip.jpg
  • Improved LED Spectrum: The spectrum has been optimized for coral growth and color, ensuring unmatched light uniformity and photochemical efficiency. The Natura iCon covers six separate channels, each tailored to specific aspects of reef lighting, from sunrise and sunset hues to deep ocean blues and UV/violet hues.
spectrum.jpg
  • 10,000% Dimming Control: Orphek's cutting-edge dimming technology allows for precise control from 0-100% during the day and 0.06-1% during the moon cycle. This creates a 24-hour full-spectrum experience that supports coral health and biological rhythms.
  • User-Friendly iCon App: The Natura iCon is equipped with the iCon App, compatible with both iOS and Android devices. The app offers Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and iCloud support, enabling remote control and monitoring from anywhere in the world. The built-in programs include Sun & Moon Sync, Helius, Moon Cycle, Coral Acclimation, and Clouds, among others.
app.jpg
Technical Specifications

The Natura iCon Reef LED Light boasts impressive technical specifications that ensure durability and top-tier performance:
  • Dimensions: Length: 14.45” (367mm), Width: 7.95” (201.9mm), Height: 1.81” (46mm)
  • Weight: Light unit: 7.05 lbs (3.2kg), Power supply: 2.2 lbs (1.0kg)
  • Power Consumption: 145-150W
  • Materials: Black acrylic front panel, high-quality anodized aluminum alloy top cover, and silver stainless steel grill
  • Power Supply: Mean Well HLG-150H-48A with IP65 rating
  • Cords: 112” (2.85m) power extension cord, 59” (1.5m) power cord
  • Hanging Kit: Includes steel cables for easy installation

Benefits for Coral and Aquatic Life

The Natura iCon is designed with the health and vitality of corals in mind. The advanced spectrum and dimming controls replicate natural light conditions, promoting optimal coral growth and color. The unique combination of LED technologies provides the necessary wavelengths for photosynthesis and coral fluorescence, resulting in vibrant and thriving reef ecosystems.

Scientific studies and empirical data from leading research labs support the effectiveness of the Natura iCon in enhancing coral health. The Sun & Moon Synchronization feature, combined with the Helius and Lunar programs, ensures that corals receive the right light at the right time, mimicking natural cycles and supporting biological processes such as spawning and micro/macro-biology stabilization.

User Experience and Compatibility

The Natura iCon is designed for ease of use, featuring plug-and-play technology for effortless setup and maintenance. The iCon App allows users to control and program the light from any location, providing flexibility and convenience. The Natura iCon is also compatible with all Orphek iCon lighting solutions, including the OR4 LED Bars and OSix Smart Controller for OR3 LED Bars, allowing for seamless integration into existing systems.

Pricing and Availability

Orphek is launching the Natura iCon Reef LED Light at an affordable promotional price of $760, a $100 discount from the original price of $860. This offer includes free shipping, making it an excellent opportunity for the Reef2Reef community to upgrade their aquarium lighting. The Natura iCon is available for purchase directly from Orphek's website.

Conclusion

The Natura iCon Reef LED Light represents a significant advancement in aquarium lighting technology. With its revolutionary features, user-friendly design, and proven benefits for coral health, it is set to transform the way reef aquariums are illuminated. The Reef2Reef community is invited to take advantage of this cutting-edge technology and elevate their aquatic experience to new heights. Don't miss out on the opportunity to bring the future of reef lighting into your home.

natura3.jpg

For more information visit Orphek's website, or if you'd like to place an order, you may do that HERE.

If you've got questions and would like to contact Orphek directly, reach out to them HERE.

Check out this unboxing and review video of the Natura iCon from Aquarist Exhibit.

*Photos by lord_reef_youtube

Last edited by a moderator:

Ef4life

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will the atlantik series be discontinued in the future to focus on this series?

I like the more compact size and tighter grouping of the leds for sure.

Russell G

Meh...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got them in recently and mounted them up on my tank yesterday. I replaced two Atlantik iCons with three of the Naturas and so far the light coverage in the tank looks better. I opted to go with these because I needed more lighting but couldn’t fit another Atlantik in my canopy. The tank is a 180g 72x24x24 and the length of the Atlantik was too much to fit perpendicular to the tank so they had to go parallel. Even that way, I would only be able to fit two and maybe a compact but these I felt were a better option. It looks like I can probably add one more parallel to the tank or a couple more if I turn them perpendicular.

I will say that the disco ball effect is pretty much gone now. I used to see a bit with the Atlantik but the tighter spread of the LED’s and the dual chip seems to have eliminated it.

I’ll have to pull some PAR readings in the near future but I’m running the standard Helius program for now and the look is pretty good. We’ll see if I need to tweak it around a bit and play with some of the other features. I did see that they added an easier setting adjustment for the time and channels… that used to be a pain to set a custom schedule but it looks way easier now. I’m looking forward to trying that out and seeing if it’s really as easy as it looks.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Orphek lighting seems to always produce some beautiful results within aquariums.

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if these can be mounted in any other way besides hanging?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this fixture seemed to come out of nowhere, looks cool. I wonder why they haven't officially launched the or4 bars yet. ive had mine for a month or better now.

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Russell G

Meh...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Atlantiks, so not the same as the Natura, but I imagine they would be similar. Here's how I did mine: Mounting Orphek Icons! Here's how I did mine inside a canopy with T-slot rails.
I did my Naturas very similarly to your but instead of the S hooks I used corner brackets for additional clearance. I also have a couple OR3 bars so they all mounted up on the same rails easily. It’s very secure and I can adjust them front to back and left to right with ease.

Orphek also has a universal mounting arm kit that is strong enough for the Atlantik so it should be plenty for the Natura. They’re even cheaper than the Ecotech mounting arms so that’s a plus.

IMG_1178.jpeg IMG_1180.jpeg

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek also has a universal mounting arm kit that is strong enough for the Atlantik so it should be plenty for the Natura. They’re even cheaper than the Ecotech mounting arms so that’s a plus.

Do you have any idea if these arm mounts can be installed on the light in a 'long' orientation rather than 'wide'? I have a peninsula, so I would love to use an arm mount and install the light in an orientation where it's going to be covering more of the tank. I had the same issue with the Kessil AP9X, which was the main reason I didn't get that light.

SabrinaC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just received mine today! I also purchased the universal fixing bracket so I can hang them with the 2 OR4’s I recently got as well. My problem is that I cannot figure out how on earth to hang these 3 units with the universal fixing bracket. I had emailed them to ask, but they couldn’t help. :confused-face: Couldn’t find anything on YouTube either. Does anyone know how?

teaktoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received mine today! I also purchased the universal fixing bracket so I can hang them with the 2 OR4’s I recently got as well. My problem is that I cannot figure out how on earth to hang these 3 units with the universal fixing bracket. I had emailed them to ask, but they couldn’t help. :confused-face: Couldn’t find anything on YouTube either. Does anyone know how?
I have four OR4 bars running on each side of a RedSea Pendant for 160s LEDs I am wanting to replace. I am planning to use the bolt/ screw holes on the cross bars for two of the Natura icons and perhaps hand the middle one directly from wire to ceiling. TBD.

Are you positioning them front to back as rectangles or wide side to side across your tank?

teaktoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and...how do you like the light? I love my OR4s!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back