View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
current setup
10gallon tank 20L/12H/10W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GFTK7CQ/ref=twister_B00YTXD58I?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

just purchased the orbit light 19-24 inch and trying to figure out the best way to set this up for getting some beginner coral soft thinking like mushrooms zeos torches things like that

trying to figure out how much light i would actually need

Sunrise how much red green white and blue
daylight
nightlight

and if anyone is well experienced with it how to set it up properly for this to grow coral
ive been told that the orbit wont work very well but ive seen them in stores and few peoples tanks and its been working great for them.

BRS

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
current setup
10gallon tank 20L/12H/10W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GFTK7CQ/ref=twister_B00YTXD58I?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

just purchased the orbit light 19-24 inch and trying to figure out the best way to set this up for getting some beginner coral soft thinking like mushrooms zeos torches things like that

trying to figure out how much light i would actually need

Sunrise how much red green white and blue
daylight
nightlight

and if anyone is well experienced with it how to set it up properly for this to grow coral
ive been told that the orbit wont work very well but ive seen them in stores and few peoples tanks and its been working great for them.
There are two variances of that light. The standard which it appears you be got, and the pro. The standard really only puts out enough par for soft corals and lps as as soon as you start getting 1 to 6 inches in the tank your par already drops down to 250-150, 6 to 9 inches under the water drops to 120-70 par. the pro puts out considerably more par for sps and higher demand corals. For you the best bet would be to try running one of the pre programmed schedules. I believe M1 is the button on the remote.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t belive the model in the link is adjustable in the red etc.
just white and blue as far as I know.

It is the type pictured yes? No lenses, just squares?

Go to m4 preset.
Set the intensity both to full. It’s not very powerful. You can lower the white some if it’s not attractive to you.

Set the on time and off time for both channels. Set the blue for an hour or so longer than the white channel.

A 10- 12 hr day is not unreasonable.

The ramp needs to be set for 3o min . That’s as far as it goes. The ramp will begin 30 min prior to your on time. So make sure you figure that into your day.

It takes a bit to get the hang of it. But it’s pretty easy after that.
Basically , your just modifying the presets.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two variances of that light. The standard which it appears you be got, and the pro. The standard really only puts out enough par for soft corals and lps as as soon as you start getting 1 to 6 inches in the tank your par already drops down to 250-150, 6 to 9 inches under the water drops to 120-70 par. the pro puts out considerably more par for sps and higher demand corals. For you the best bet would be to try running one of the pre programmed schedules. I believe M1 is the button on the remote.
actually i have the newest model and the preprogrammed ones i kinda switched to a more custom people told me it was too much light for 10g i dunno really lol

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Buddy!!

An FYI , it one of the few Reef Lights I own that color temps to exactly 20k.
That, and my Radium.

Avast

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pro model is def more powerful.
The par specks on the site are pretty accurate.

Basically , set the ramp and blue time as mentioned earlier , then mix the color for the peak in a color that looks good to your eye.

Were I to hazard a guess, I’d say don’t take the light above 50%.

Nutramar Foods

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not much just trying to figure out a good setup for this orbit light people saying the 18w orbit wont be enough for coral but i saw peoples growing alot better
The old one was WEAK...lol.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion
Back