Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the orange shoulder and the copperband have been completely fine together until today. The orange shoulder has been relentlessly going after the copperband, so likely gonna have to rehome the tang.

I'm beginning not trust anything any site says about these fish. Every one that has been labeled mostly peaceful, we've found to absolutely not be and go after other fish lol. Frustrating, but it IS a tang I guess
Sorry to hear. I've had two of them and both were model citizens. Outstanding algae grazers too. But man, they get big FAST.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. I've had two of them and both were model citizens. Outstanding algae grazers too. But man, they get big FAST.
Well what happened was the copperband out of nowhere just started swimming extremely fast and erratic. It ended up crashing into rocks and landed where the tang sleeps. It was then and really only then going after it. It was only really getting it out of the way during feeding before, no real aggression.

Ended up taking the copperband out, but wife and I decided we didn't want to get rid the tang over such a delicate fish like a copperband that has a high chance of just dying overnight for no reason.

So we put the copperband back in the main display, and so far, everything is back to normal. Hopefully this was just a weird one day deal.

The powder blue we had was absolutely trying to kill a copperband we had before. This orange shoulder is night and day different from it. So it'll stay with us!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well what happened was the copperband out of nowhere just started swimming extremely fast and erratic. It ended up crashing into rocks and landed where the tang sleeps. It was then and really only then going after it. It was only really getting it out of the way during feeding before, no real aggression.

Ended up taking the copperband out, but wife and I decided we didn't want to get rid the tang over such a delicate fish like a copperband that has a high chance of just dying overnight for no reason.

So we put the copperband back in the main display, and so far, everything is back to normal. Hopefully this was just a weird one day deal.

The powder blue we had was absolutely trying to kill a copperband we had before. This orange shoulder is night and day different from it. So it'll stay with us!
Oh now a Powder Blue is a whole different story. Mine hates on everybody equally. Beautiful fish though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wish I saw this sooner. The orange shoulder I could say is a no. I have 22 tangs and orange shoulder is Not one of them for a reason. I have a 5 year copperband and it live harmoniously with all my tangs

1677600251469.png

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back