Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres this black iron stand for a 125 gallon tank sitting in my lfs for $290, I want to switch from my particle board stand to this stand but I am afraid it will be easy to push and knock over creating some beautiful damage or the stand breaking, any experience/opinions? This cant get water damage like particle board correct?

BRS

Pachiman

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres this black iron stand for a 125 gallon tank sitting in my lfs for $290, I want to switch from my particle board stand to this stand but I am afraid it will be easy to push and knock over creating some beautiful damage or the stand breaking, any experience/opinions? This cant get water damage like particle board correct?
It will get more damage actually, it will rust after some time even from the humidity of the environment.

IMHO just go with whatever looks better for you, there aren't that many drawbacks for either if you are careful.

DIYreefer

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It will get more damage actually, it will rust after some time even from the humidity of the environment.
Can confirm, this is accurate information. The intake for my hvac system is near my main tank and the filter cover/vent (whatever it's called) is rusting, as well as the vent in the ceiling above the tank (which is about 5' above the surface of the water in the tank). The house is less than 2 years old.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Legendary
Back