Opening a new fish store - gauging interest/advice needed!(Tacoma, WA)

BRS

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Becoming a garage seller first is probably the best route. We have a couple locally that just use facebook mainly for selling. You just have to be very careful since facebook will put you in time out or shut your group down if you are caught too many times selling coral/fish. The local guys do daily/several a week auctions or mine games. They then either ship or let you pick up in person. The couple I've dealt with will not let you come inside and shop, they just bring you the bags to your vehicle. We have one that seems to do really well, He said he ships out 20 to 40 boxes every week.

You just have to be careful and not make any locals mad. They can turn you in to facebook and get you shut down there. Also, if you tick off a LFS, they can turn you in to the city if you are violating any city/county rules. I'm almost certain the ones around here aren't paying the correct taxes or have the correct permits. I know of a couple that don't charge sales tax if you pay in cash.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Kerbash

Kerbash

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Becoming a garage seller first is probably the best route. We have a couple locally that just use facebook mainly for selling. You just have to be very careful since facebook will put you in time out or shut your group down if you are caught too many times selling coral/fish. The local guys do daily/several a week auctions or mine games. They then either ship or let you pick up in person. The couple I've dealt with will not let you come inside and shop, they just bring you the bags to your vehicle. We have one that seems to do really well, He said he ships out 20 to 40 boxes every week.

You just have to be careful and not make any locals mad. They can turn you in to facebook and get you shut down there. Also, if you tick off a LFS, they can turn you in to the city if you are violating any city/county rules. I'm almost certain the ones around here aren't paying the correct taxes or have the correct permits. I know of a couple that don't charge sales tax if you pay in cash.
Huh thanks, why does facebook shut you down? Do they not allow sales of stuff?

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh thanks, why does facebook shut you down? Do they not allow sales of stuff?
I believe it is a no sale of animals policy or something like that. Not really sure. I know the garage sellers have rules for their groups and they use words like xcoral, xfish, wauction, etc.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back