One clown down

siikm3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

So today I went ahead and went to my local lfs…purchased my new livestock (pair of clowns) my drive is a good 20 min.Got home did the temp acclamation and proceed to do drip acclamation, checked my salinity levels and were good 1.25… a soon as y put both fish in one (male) started going crazy (not in a good way) and seem to rapid breathing…meanwhile the female is doing good…unfortunate male didn’t make it an hour in thank and died.
Checked my parameters and nitrate is 0ppm nitrite 0ppm and ammonia is between 0ppm-0.25ppm…any advice of input will be greatly appreciated.
TIA

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hello reefers,

So today I went ahead and went to my local lfs…purchased my new livestock (pair of clowns) my drive is a good 20 min.Got home did the temp acclamation and proceed to do drip acclamation, checked my salinity levels and were good 1.25… a soon as y put both fish in one (male) started going crazy (not in a good way) and seem to rapid breathing…meanwhile the female is doing good…unfortunate male didn’t make it an hour in thank and died.
Checked my parameters and nitrate is 0ppm nitrite 0ppm and ammonia is between 0ppm-0.25ppm…any advice of input will be greatly appreciated.
TIA
How are you testing water and how long was acclimation?
Disregard Nitrite as it applies to freshwater and I would imagine API test kit which offers false results as its hard to read at times. I suggest taking a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at

OP
OP
siikm3

siikm3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you testing water and how long was acclimation?
Disregard Nitrite as it applies to freshwater and I would imagine API test kit which offers false results as its hard to read at times. I suggest taking a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at
I’m testing with API…I will be doing that tomorrow as they are close now..thank you!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back